Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-15-2009, 01:14 PM   #1
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Freebie Kindle Cookbook pre-release

Hey guys,
Spotted this freebie on Amazon Kindle thread today for "The Cook's Illustrated How-to-Cook Library: An illustrated step-by-step guide to Foolproof Cooking".

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RF3U9U

I love freebies! I can't wait for my K2 to arrive and download the e-books I have already ordered!

MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:37 PM   #2
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
The Cook's Illustrated How-to-Cook Library: An illustrated step-by-step guide to Foolproof Cooking (Kindle Edition) Release date Feb 24-09 (Price: Freebie!)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RF3U9U

Amazon.com Review
This very special Kindle collection covers all the culinary ground, from barbecue, grilling, garden vegetables, holiday roasts, potatoes, soups, stews, stir-fries, pasta sauces, pizza, appetizers, salads, shrimp and shellfish, to pies, layer cakes, cookies and brownies, holiday desserts, ice cream, simple fruit desserts, and lots more. It's all you really need in the kitchen and it all sits nice and handy on a Kindle as well. Now your own definitive recipe collection is portable and easy to access, the perfect helper in the kitchen. Please note: Due to the large amount of content in this file, wireless download time is likely to exceed 60 seconds.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2009, 05:45 PM   #3
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
Yup, got it! (Can't wait to see it either.)
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:37 PM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Ordered it. I also have 15 or so historic cookbooks which I picked up for free at Mobipocket.com.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:11 PM   #5
brn_eyed_girl81
Connoisseur
brn_eyed_girl81 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I ordered it, too - I'm hoping we'll get some more freebies with the K2 coming out that day. But I am really excited. I love Cook's Illustrated and the Test Kitchen.
brn_eyed_girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #6
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
oh goody...thanks
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:56 AM   #7
abalboa3
abalboa3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks

This is great. Can't wait to get this and my new Kindle.
abalboa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:38 PM   #8
shima
読みすぎる
shima began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks I pre-ordered it. My Kindle 2 isn't here yet (and I just sold my Kindle 1) so at least it wasn't already available and I'll have my K2 before the release date of this cook book.
shima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:41 AM   #9
numindast
Enthusiast
numindast has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.numindast has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.numindast has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K2, DX (had PRS500, 505, 700)
Just thought I'd drop a note that this offer is still active. I just got my copy last night. Sah-weet.
numindast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:28 PM   #10
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Nice! Hopefully it has some vegetarian recipes in it.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:54 PM   #11
jolynna
jolynna began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
I used to subscribe to Cook's Illustrated magazine so I am very happy about this book offer.
jolynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:20 PM   #12
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Unhappy No longer free

It is no longer free and has a current price of $9.99
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:19 PM   #13
jgrasty
Anarcho-Capitalist
jgrasty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Y'all:

I made prime rib using the instructions in this cookbook, and it came out perfectly.

Regards,

Joey
jgrasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #14
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrasty View Post
Y'all:

I made prime rib using the instructions in this cookbook, and it came out perfectly.

Regards,

Joey
Did you make enough for everyone?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:45 PM   #15
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrasty View Post
Y'all:

Regards,

Joey
Whenever we cook, we always check the Cook's Illustrated first. Their Caesar Salad is to die for - especially when my dear husband presents me with extra anchovies on a little plate. He is a dear!

Last edited by Sydney's Mom; 06-10-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, cooking, free book, freebies, kindle