Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-20-2007, 07:23 AM   #1
tcmoon
Connoisseur
tcmoon is on a distinguished road

Device: slate pc
Bookeen suport

Has anyone been in contact with Bookeen support? I have emailed them Friday and havent heard from them yet. I have been having trouble with my cybook and it has been three weeks and still don't have a fix. How long should I wait until I send it back for replacement or refund?

Thanks,
Tom
tcmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:52 AM   #2
sm69lover
sm69lover began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen GEn3
Also no reply

my cybook bricked at Saturaday. I emailed them immediately. But no response until now. Sorry for their response time.
sm69lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2007, 09:05 AM   #3
tcmoon
Connoisseur

They had been very good up until now, I tried their first fix and gave feed back ( though I didnt know when you turn off the unit the fix was wiped out). I really like the reader and dont want to send it back but it needs to work for libraries or its no good to me. I am would like to buy a book from mobipocket but I don't think it will work.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:16 AM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Nobody here has reported problems with books bought from Mobipocket. It is only library books that have been a problem as I remember it.

I think they need to update there web page about how to report problems. It seems to me that a broken reader and a bug report is different kind of problems and for a bug report it would be good to have a bug tracking system or some indication that they themselves are using a bug tracking system so they are not misplacing the bug reports you send to them. For one bug I reported i got an answer saying they would look at it but I did not get a number to identify my bug so it is harder to ask them for progress.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:09 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmoon View Post
They had been very good up until now, I tried their first fix and gave feed back ( though I didnt know when you turn off the unit the fix was wiped out). I really like the reader and dont want to send it back but it needs to work for libraries or its no good to me. I am would like to buy a book from mobipocket but I don't think it will work.
I can report that it works just fine. I've bought a fair number of Mobi DRM books from Fictionwise and they all work just fine on the Gen3. The only reason library books don't work is because of the date checking. Doesn't affect normal books.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2007, 10:33 AM   #6
tcmoon
Connoisseur

OK thanks, Now my problem is that 95% of my books come for the library. Would you know if the iLiad can read books from the library? I would be willing to spend the extra money to be able to do so. Also how to go about returning the cybook?
Old 11-20-2007, 02:35 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I suspect that you can't return it. It's not faulty. You have no inherent right under European consumer law to return something merely because you don't like it.

However, given the current supply issue with the Gen3, I'm certain you'll have no problem selling the Gen3 for what you paid for it. Why not put an ad in the "Flea Market" section of the board.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:55 PM   #8
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I suspect that you can't return it. It's not faulty. You have no inherent right under European consumer law to return something merely because you don't like it.
But you have a right to return it if it does not fulfil the specification but maybe you have to give Booken a reasonable amount of time to fix it. And I think you have this right three years.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:06 PM   #9
tcmoon
Connoisseur

I think it is faulty as I have the email's from bookeen saying that they are working on the problem. Now with that said either through this forum or emailing and asking about returns they have contacted me and are working on the problem and will have a fix by
11-26-07.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:24 PM   #10
tcmoon
Connoisseur

I forgot to mention a simple email saying were working on it goes a long way. When your dealing with a sale outside the US I get a little nervous.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:10 PM   #11
Sebastiano
Sebastiano is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook Gen3, Palm Zire21
In Germany you may cancel a purchase done via internet (Vertrag mittels FKM (Fernabsatzkommunikationsmittel)) for 14 days after the item was delivered. Maybe in your country you have a similar regulation?

S.
Sebastiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:19 AM   #12
tcmoon
Connoisseur

I must say Bookeen support is not very good as they don't get back to you. am I the only one that has this much trouble?
Old 11-23-2007, 08:42 PM   #13
nairbv
Connoisseur
nairbv began at the beginning.

Device: still looking for an ebook reader device
I wanted to buy one of their devices (but had a question) and they didn't get back to me (it's been about two weeks). In comparison, the people at jinke/hanlin wrote me back within 10 minutes. So... I'm a little weary of the customer support situation at cybook/bookeen.
nairbv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:28 PM   #14
ricdiogo
Gutenberger
ricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairbv View Post
I wanted to buy one of their devices (but had a question) and they didn't get back to me (...) So... I'm a little weary of the customer support situation at cybook/bookeen.
That's the reason why I'm also so reluctant. If I buy the Cybook it's because of the extended warranty if compared to Sony's (I'm very afraid of malfunctions). But again... I've sent Bookeen two emails more than 3 months ago and still no response.
ricdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:49 PM   #15
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

I have submitted to bug repoert and have got response to both of the emails. I suspect the Bookeen is a rather small company and if you ask something that is not easy to answer then it might get pushed to the stack of things to do sometimes in the future. I would remind them about the previous question and ask when the are planning to answer it.