Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
JoelArnold
Fanatic
JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Death Rhythm - psychological suspense/horror FREE {post #16}

Note - NO LONGER FREE

In this novel of horror and psychological suspense, Andrew Byrd learns of his mother’s sadistic past through an aunt he’s only just met. When he meets his aunt's strange neighbors, he quickly learns that his mother’s savage adolescence was only the seed for a series of awful events unfolding in the present. Will he be able to stop them before it's too late?

And what about the mysterious Evelyn? Will the echoes of an old drum lead him to her? Or will they merely draw him into a vicious cycle that is impossible to stop?

Death Rhythm on Amazon
Death Rhythm on Smashwords

I hope you'll take a look!

Last edited by JoelArnold; 06-03-2013 at 10:52 AM.
JoelArnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
JoelArnold
Fanatic
JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The $0.99 price seems to have hit all the bookstores. I hope you'll give it a look!
Old 01-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
JoelArnold
Fanatic

"Review by: Tiffany Harkleroad on Aug. 29, 2010 :
Andrew was unlucky, because he wrecked his car in the middle of nowhere. Turns out nowhere was actually pretty close to where his long lost Aunt Mae lives, so the cops help him connect with her, and she takes him in for a few days while his car gets repaired. While he is there, he stumbles across a local cemetery, some strange neighbors, a dead cat, and some pretty deeply buried family secrets. Andrew is forced to face up to a sick, twisted side to his family, which he never knew existed before now.

From the opening scene of this book, I was hooked. The prologue was not an easy thing to read, it was clear from the get go, this was going to be an extremely dark novel, and in the hands of an unskilled writer, it could have easily careened into campy, cheesy, fluff. Thankfully, it did not. Joel Arnold has written a novel that would make King fans not only proud, but thoroughly satisfied.

I found the story to be very well developed, and the storytelling quite vivid. As Andrew enters the old family home, and begins unearthing its secrets, I felt as if I was there with him. I really loved the development of Mae's character, and found her to be quite sympathetic. Edna, on the other hand, is not fully developed until closer to the end of the book, which I find appropriate, and I love the turns her character takes. I found the book full of surprising and unusual plot twists, and I was interested right up to the very end. I dare you to read this book without the hairs on your arm standing completely on end."
Old 01-31-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
JoelArnold
Fanatic

Tonight we're getting more snow here. Seems like one of the snowiest winters I've experienced in a long time. I've gotta admit, I'm about ready for spring. However, it is the right kind of night to curl up with a good book!
Old 02-01-2011, 01:02 AM   #5
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Picked it up on the Nook!

EDIT: Added a TOC and page breaks and some formatting that Smashwords probably destroyed and now looks great, can't wait to jump into it. I'll put it towards the top of the list!

Last edited by jhempel24; 02-01-2011 at 01:20 AM.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #6
JoelArnold
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Picked it up on the Nook!

EDIT: Added a TOC and page breaks and some formatting that Smashwords probably destroyed and now looks great, can't wait to jump into it. I'll put it towards the top of the list!
Thanks!
(I'll have to check it out on a friend's Nook to see what's up with that.)
Old 02-05-2011, 06:28 AM   #7
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You are seriously messed up man. LOL. I enjoyed the book quite a bit, but could you let me know about the whole drum thing?

It seemed kind of secondary, but it's in the title of the book, so maybe something went over my head.

Great book though!! I'll have to pick up Northwoods Deep now!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #8
JoelArnold
Fanatic

Quote:
You are seriously messed up man. LOL. I enjoyed the book quite a bit, but could you let me know about the whole drum thing?

It seemed kind of secondary, but it's in the title of the book, so maybe something went over my head.

Great book though!! I'll have to pick up Northwoods Deep now!
Thanks!

As for the drum thing, I see that as kind of tying the whole thing together - kind of a rhythmical frame that the story hangs on. Does that make any sense??
Old 02-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #9
jhempel24
Wizard

Ill send you a Pm about my question when I get to a PC so I don't spoil anything. Right now its just my phone. I think I phrased my question wrong.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #10
JoelArnold
Fanatic

Quote:
Ill send you a Pm about my question when I get to a PC so I don't spoil anything. Right now its just my phone. I think I phrased my question wrong.
No problem - and thanks again for reading it!
Old 02-16-2011, 12:29 PM   #11
JoelArnold
Fanatic

You can also find Death Rhythm for the Nook here:

Death Rhythm
Old 02-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #12
JoelArnold
Fanatic

Death Rhythm in the UK!
Old 03-10-2011, 05:38 PM   #13
JoelArnold
Fanatic

Hey, you can get this on Smashwords for .99, too!

Last edited by JoelArnold; 06-01-2011 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Coupon ended
Old 06-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #14
JoelArnold
Fanatic

Part mystery, part horror, and lots of mayhem. Check it out!
Old 06-10-2011, 10:24 AM   #15
JoelArnold
Fanatic

Got Rhthym?

Tags
death rhythm, drums, free, horror, joel arnold, psycological suspense, suspense, suspense ebook