Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-25-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
tbergman
Connoisseur
tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle
Problem in V6 with send to device - Kindle2

I just upgraded to version 6. I'm having a problem with send to device. I have a Kindle2.
Send to device creates a folder structure on the kindle. i.e., on the Kindle, a book added with Calibre will end up in the documents\<authorname>\<bookname folder. Since the Kindle doesn't understand folders, the book can't be found.
Strangely enough, it shows up the first time when the kindle in unplugged. But when you leave the book, go back to home, it's gone.
I looked but can't find a setting for this.
V5 worked fine.

<Edited>
I have Just noticed that the Kindle does see the book, the problem is that the book does not show up in the proper order if you view your books by most recent. Even reading the book doesn't then stick it under most recent.

I don't know what is supposed to happen when a book gets added. In V5, everything worked properly. If I download a book using the built in web browser, everything works properly.

Something changed in V6 and books added through Calibre are not working and sorting properly on the Kindle.

Tom

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited by tbergman; 07-25-2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Additions
tbergman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:29 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hmm odd, no one reported this during the beta, can you open a ticket otherwise I'll forget, too many forum posts today
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert