Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
szfisher
Enthusiast
szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kindel Touch
A problem of rescue pack for KPW

Maybe it is a bug of rescue pack for KPW. I have tried many times. At first time I can enter Diags mode and connect PC via USBnet normally. But after I disalbe Diags mode, quit to Main mode and enter Diags mode again, I cann't connect PC via USBnet anymore, althought I can ping it normally. So if you use rescue pack once time, you should reinstall it to keep it funtional.
szfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
ponso
ponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: k5 pw
on mine, I have to reinstall the rescue pack again every time I want to USBnet. You may find that this may work for you also.
ponso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #3
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Is it....

THIS
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #4
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Problem confirmed (thanks for persisting, szfisher! ).

Like some K5 diags versions, the PW seems to delete everything in /usr/local when exiting diags... I just wonder why I never noticed that before. Maybe because I usually just rebooted straight from the command line, so it didn't get a chance to "clean up" those evil, evil developer modifications.

Working on a fix.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Is it....

THIS
Yes, it is:
Code:
$ strings opt/factory/system_diags |grep "rm -rf"
rm -rf %s
rm -rf /usr/local/*
Thanks for the link, it came just in time
Advert
Old 03-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #6
ixtab
(offline)

Fixed version released.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #7
szfisher
Enthusiast
szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kindel Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Fixed version released.
Thanks, ixtab. It is this bug that made my KPW bricked. But everything is worth to fix this bug. I would not worry my KPW bricked again.
szfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:46 PM   #8
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
highly doubtful. but yes the fix is good
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #9
ponso
ponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: k5 pw
hooray fix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by szfisher View Post
Thanks, ixtab. It is this bug that made my KPW bricked. But everything is worth to fix this bug. I would not worry my KPW bricked again.
sometimes I wonder if my boot loop is from this. oh wells. Thanks for the fix guys.
ponso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kpw;rescue pack