Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-04-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Do You Have More Than One Kinde? If So, How Do You Sync Your Non-Amazon Books?

Just curious is anyone else has that problem. I have a K3 and a Kdx with many non-amazon books and documents on them, and it's come to the point where I have to decide which device to make notes on.

I go through a lot of books and things a day, and keeping track of and updating all the mpb files is probably going to be tough.... anyone else having that problem?

I know that sync only works on Amazon-purchased books. But every file on your Kindle has a corresponding .mbp that stores your bookmarks, highlights and last page read. If you move that file from one Kindle that has the book to another Kindle that has that book, you can manually "sync" them.

Not everyone buys all their books from Amazon, and I was wondering how other people might go about it.

Edit:

I figured out a way!

I really don't wanna seem like i'm advertising, but since it's a free program and all..... I found this program called Allway Sync, and if you hook up both of your Kindles to your computer and run the program it updates everything, most importantly, the mbp files!

You can have everything sync or just files that you choose. I don't know what this would do to Amazon-purchased ebooks, I only tested this with files and books I got from other sources.

If you have more than one Kindle (like me, I have a DX for school and the K3 for pleasure reading) with a lot of books and documents from non-amazon sources, I would check out Allway Sync!

Last edited by Anarel; 10-04-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:43 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I dont... I have not found a way to do it
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Oh, wow, I just figured it out... and it was easy!

I really don't wanna seem like i'm advertising, but since it's a free program and all..... I found this program called Allway Sync, and if you hook up both of your Kindles to your computer and run the program it updates everything, most importantly, the mbp files!

You can have everything sync or just files that you choose. I don't know what this would do to Amazon-purchased ebooks, I only tested this with files and books I got from other sources.

If you have more than one Kindle (like me, I Have a DX for school and the K3 for pleasure reading) with a lot of books and documents from non-amazon sources, I would check out Allway Sync!
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:57 AM   #4
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
I have a license for Allway Sync anyway that I used to use with text files from my Alphasmart, when I was studying for my BA and MA.

I had actually been thinking last night I wonder how I could do this. OK so you wouldn't get the syncing of places in the book, as that only happens with the Amazon purchases, but you'd just have to remember your location reference.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote