Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #106
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Yes, well... fill in the blank:

My biggest objection to the ________ is still the DRM system for the books that pretty much guarantees that eventually your _______ books will be unusable when ____________ technology no longer exists.

BOb
Yes, that about covers it.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:01 AM   #107
Canyoncarver
Canyoncarver began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Yes, well... fill in the blank:

My biggest objection to the ________ is still the DRM system for the books that pretty much guarantees that eventually your _______ books will be unusable when ____________ technology no longer exists.

BOb
It's simply my opinion that everyone should voice such concerns over restrictive DRM.

Steve Jobs from Apple gets it, iTunes music downloads will no longer be DRMd to death and there's no reason that our books have to be either.
Canyoncarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:08 AM   #108
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyoncarver View Post
It's simply my opinion that everyone should voice such concerns over restrictive DRM.
I agree with you. But you seemed to be limiting it to Amazon and Kindle and forgetting eReader and Mobipocket and Adobe. I was just saying that the concerns apply equally.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:47 AM   #109
StanDaMan
Connoisseur
StanDaMan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyoncarver View Post

Steve Jobs from Apple gets it, iTunes music downloads will no longer be DRMd to death and there's no reason that our books have to be either.
I totally agree...
StanDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:37 AM   #110
Argel
Opinionated [but right]
Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS 505, Kindle International, HTC Desire
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
...but at the same time, I am still concerned about the "amazon has everything" factor, as demonstrated by the exclusive Stephen King story.
Stephen King is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Amazon and the Boston Red Sox.
Argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:31 AM   #111
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Nate, I've seen various reports that Amazon announced that Kindle Edition sales are now 10% of Amazon sales but I don't see this in the official press releases. Do you have any more details on that?

I assume this has the same qualification that was used before. "...of the books that are available in the Amazon store in both paper and Kindle editions and is based on unit sale and not $ value".

Even so this is a very significant number.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:32 AM   #112
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Nate, I've seen various reports that Amazon announced that Kindle Edition sales are now 10% of Amazon sales but I don't see this in the official press releases. Do you have any more details on that?

I assume this has the same qualification that was used before. "...of the books that are available in the Amazon store in both paper and Kindle editions and is based on unit sale and not $ value".

Even so this is a very significant number.
That is what Jeff said, yes.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:52 AM   #113
goople
goople began at the beginning.

Device: treo
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Hello, goople, and welcome to MobileRead.

Let us know what you like to read, and look at the books here for downloading.

Lots of good information here, friendly people, dont' be afraid to ask question, or enter a discussion.
hello,it's nice to discuss with you .
goople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:57 AM   #114
goople
goople began at the beginning.

Device: treo
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Hello, goople, and welcome to MobileRead.

Let us know what you like to read, and look at the books here for downloading.

Lots of good information here, friendly people, dont' be afraid to ask question, or enter a discussion.
In China,hottest moblie reader device is cell phone,and about e-ink devie,sony 505 is popular for its cost. I use Treo650.
goople is offline   Reply With Quote