Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #76
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
My question: My device is Kindle so the vast majority of my files are mobi and azw (and those variations). Will epubsplit work on those files and if so, do I need to convert to epub, split then reconvert back to mobi?
As others have said, converting mobi/azw to epub, splitting and converting back to mobi/azw should work.

But I don't know how well. Conversion changes the contents to some degree. How much and how well depends on the source book and your conversion settings, mostly.

I would not trust a convert-split-convert-back process blindly. I'd try it for a book or two and see how it works. And even after that, you should examine the contents of all the split books you make, not just assume they worked as intended..

Sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer, but I don't think there is one.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-01-2013 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Removed user name from quote as it is no longer in service.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #77
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Thanks for explaining a bit here.

I pick #2 above. But I would have just converted using the conversion plug-ins as I normally do. Is there a difference or an advantage to using the KindleUnpack?
By using KindleUnpack to shift (not convert) the code, you don't get converted code. You get the same code that's in the KF8. You should load the ePub in Sigil, check for errors and fix any errors found as there will be errors. But once that's done, you have an ePub that matched the KF8.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-01-2013 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Removed user name from quote as it is no longer in service.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #78
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.2.7 - 15 Mar 2012

Command Line Interface(CLI)

Starting with calibre v0.9.23, calibre offers a command-line interface (CLI) for calling plugins.

This plugin supports that option and allows the user to call the plugin's basic functionality from outside calibre without having to install Python or get the plugin's files separately.

Details:
Code:
Usage: calibre-debug.exe --run-plugin EpubSplit -- [options] <input epub> [line numbers...]

Giving an epub without line numbers will return a list of line numbers: the
possible split points in the input file. Calling with line numbers will
generate an epub with each of the "lines" given included.

Options:
  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  -o OUTPUT, --output=OUTPUT
                        Set OUTPUT file, Default: split.epub
  -t TITLE, --title=TITLE
                        Use TITLE as the metadata title.  Default: '<original
                        epub title> Split'
  -d DESC, --description=DESC
                        Use DESC as the metadata description.  Default: 'Split
                        from <epub title> by <author>'.
  -a AUTHOR, --author=AUTHOR
                        Use AUTHOR as a metadata author, multiple authors may
                        be given, Default: <All authors from original epub>
  -g TAG, --tag=TAG     Include TAG as dc:subject tag, multiple tags may be
                        given, Default: None
  -l LANG, --language=LANG
                        Include LANG as dc:language tag, multiple languages
                        may be given, Default: en
  -c COVER, --cover=COVER
                        Path to a jpg to use as cover image.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 03-15-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:49 AM   #79
sergo
sergo began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7
Update Error

calibre, version 0.9.23
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 728, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 361, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 167, in load
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 150, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.epubsplit.__init__", line 14, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name main
sergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:23 AM   #80
jmatute
jmatute began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi,

I received this error when updating the plugin:

calibre, version 0.9.23
ERROR: Fallo en la instalación del complemento: Ha ocurrido un error al instalar este complemento y a continuación se desinstalará. Por favor, publique el mensaje de error que aparece en los detalles de más abajo en la conversación del foro para este complemento y reinicie calibre.

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 728, in _install_clicked

Thanks in advance,
Jose Luis.
jmatute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:50 AM   #81
kbaerwald
BioReader
kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Various
Same problem here with update:

calibre, version 0.9.23
FEHLER: Installation des Plugins fehlgeschlagen: Während der Installation der Erweiterung ist ein Problem aufgetreten. Dieses Plugin wird nun entfernt. Bitte veröffentlichen Sie die Fehlermeldung im Detail unten in den Foren-Thread dieser Erweiterung und starten Sie Calibre neu.

Thanks for notice

Klaus
kbaerwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #82
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Ditto!
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #83
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.2.8 - 16 Mar 2012

Move CLI main import into cli_main. Caused problems for some users on install. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem, but this should fix it.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #84
loximuthal
Connoisseur
loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: NST, Kindle Fire, iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Move CLI main import into cli_main. Caused problems for some users on install. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem, but this should fix it.
I had the same problem, but with the update it has gone away. Thanks!
loximuthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #85
DavidJC
DavidJC began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Plugin has vanished with the 0.9.29 calibre updated. Kovid suggests that the plugin needs updating.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-03-2013 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Corrected version #
DavidJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #86
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.2.9 - 03 May 2013
  • Fix for a changed an internal name in calibre in 0.9.29.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #87
Feather_Qwill
Enthusiast
Feather_Qwill began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader Pocket Pro
Great plugin! I just downloaded this and used it successfully for several ebooks, however I've run into a problem.

I have an omnibus which doesn't have any section markings when I try to split it. I think it's because it's one that I converted from a different file type a few years ago.

How can I "mark" sections off so that I can split them?
Feather_Qwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #88
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@Feather_Qwill - You can't with EpubSplit directly. It only recognizes Table of Contents and files inside the epub as points to split from.

You could use a different program (Sigil is one I use frequently) to add ToC and then split.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:19 AM   #89
kbaerwald
BioReader
kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Various
@Feather_Qwill

Try the ToC plugin before EpubSplit! If there are headings or any file segmentations in the book you can generate a ToC on the fly. Then apply EpubSplit.

If this does not work - follow the advice of JimmXinu.

Klaus
kbaerwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:01 AM   #90
happysadhu
happysadhu began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
Epubsplit Temporarily Hangs

Hello,
First off. Thanks for creating such an awesome plugin--very handy!

Overall, it works great. However, every time I finish selecting the sections to split off and edit the meta edit, the Calibre hangs while it is processing the new epub. The dialog box "Select Sections to Split Off" says "not responding". After a few seconds (e.g., 20 seconds), Calibre and the epubsplit dialog box returns to functioning normally. Is this the typical behavior of the plugin?
happysadhu is offline   Reply With Quote