Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #31
yuryfdr
Connoisseur
yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.

Device: pocketbook 301, pocketbook 603
v 0.9.2 - copy/paste and filters in file chooser.
yuryfdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #32
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
excellent, thanks!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #33
yuryfdr
Connoisseur
yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.

v 0.9.3 - some fixes with stilus.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:11 AM   #34
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
thank you!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #35
yuryfdr
Connoisseur

v 0.9.99 is ready.
I've add quick key binding. File import.
I've also add outline mode that i receive from bogomil. i don't yet check all functionality of it, but may be it can be sometimes usefull.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #36
yuryfdr
Connoisseur

v 1.0.0
case insensitive search.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #37
Tulapi
Connoisseur
Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook pro 602, Nook Simple Touch, Inkbook Classic 2, T63 JDRead
Thank you
Tulapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:42 AM   #38
peekaa
peekaa began at the beginning.

Device: pb 622
doesn't work with my new 622 Touch :-( I save pi.app to application folder and after reset of pb it doesn't even appear in menu Application...
peekaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #39
MartinZ
Zealot
MartinZ doesn't litterMartinZ doesn't litter

Device: PB903, PB603
pi

have you used the version for the pro-models or for old 302 model?
MartinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:09 PM   #40
MartinZ
Zealot

Question Compile pi / pbtk

Hi yuri,

i managed to build one of the first versions of pi without bigger problems.
But you have changed your toolkit to use "sigc++" and tell us in README, that we have to build "sigc++" first, to build "pbtk" and at last build "pi".

I downloaded "sigc++" source, but I do not know, how to build it on my Ubuntu-System with Sergex Vlasovs SDK and "Eclipse". I can build the demo projects and my own "Calculator", and even my latest program. But all that stuff has regular "Makefiles" while "sigc++" has a "makefile.am"/"makefile.in" pair, that seems to be for "automake" to me.

1) Do I guess right, that i will really have to build "sigc++" myself, because i need a binary for arm_gnueabi to run it on the Pocketbook?

2) How do i get a regular makefile to get "sigc++" built in my Eclipse/Vlasovsoft-system?

3) Furthermore you use one #include to </boost/shared_ptr> (do you really need boost's smart-pointer in "pbtk"?). Can i use boost-library classes for pocketbook development at all?

Greets,
Martin
Old 04-27-2012, 12:16 AM   #41
peekaa
peekaa began at the beginning.

Device: pb 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinZ View Post
have you used the version for the pro-models or for old 302 model?
yes, both.
peekaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #42
yuryfdr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Hi yuri,
1) Do I guess right, that i will really have to build "sigc++" myself, because i need a binary for arm_gnueabi to run it on the Pocketbook?

2) How do i get a regular makefile to get "sigc++" built in my Eclipse/Vlasovsoft-system?

3) Furthermore you use one #include to </boost/shared_ptr> (do you really need boost's smart-pointer in "pbtk"?). Can i use boost-library classes for pocketbook development at all?

Greets,
Martin
1) to build sigc++ you need execute next commands in terminal:
./configure --host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi \
--prefix=/usr/local/pocketbook_eabi/ --target=arm-none-linux-gnueabi\
--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --enable-static --disable-shared

make

make install

2) i use smart pointers to manage images in pbtk (not used in pi but in pbqsp)
as concern boost only inline classes can be used without crosscompiling boost libraries.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #43
yuryfdr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekaa View Post
doesn't work with my new 622 Touch :-( I save pi.app to application folder and after reset of pb it doesn't even appear in menu Application...
i can say nothing about touch, do you try another programs fo pro-models?
Old 04-28-2012, 04:12 AM   #44
MartinZ
Zealot

Building pbtk/pi

Hi yuryfdr,

Quote:
Code:
 to build sigc++ you need execute next commands in terminal:
./configure --host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi \
--prefix=/usr/local/pocketbook_eabi/ --target=arm-none-linux-gnueabi\
--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --enable-static --disable-shared

make

make install
Wow, that was really not self-explaining to me !
It finally worked, after
  • installing "M4"
  • removing the "--host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi" -tag (that was adviced to me by the configure script)
  • installing "gif_lib.h"
  • adding environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH pointing to the folder where "sigc++-2.0.pc" is inside.

I got it buit, but heavens- what a work. It took me hours. (of course that's not your fault, it's my low-level knowledge in these things. I can write C++-programs, but i get totally lost in this tricky library matters.)

I think it would be quite a help for other programmers, if your nice pbtk-library would not rely on sigc++ or if it would already contain the sigc++ binaries for arm, arm_eabi and emulator...

Quote:
Code:
i use smart pointers to manage images in pbtk (not used in pi but in pbqsp)
as concern boost only inline classes can be used without crosscompiling boost libraries.
"std::auto_ptr" does not work, because you put image pointers into an STL- container, i guess?
I read, that in current C++ standard "C++11" the shared_ptr template class is defined in "<memory>, that is OK for STL-storage.
But i guess, we have an older C++ standard on our PBSDK, so that we can not use it, right?

If we need boost for the "shared_ptr" for pbtk, i would like to use some other boost-library functions as well, thanks for the hint, that only inline-classes are possible. I again guess, that this is because they will then be compiled by the arm-linux-gnu-eabi crosscompiler, that also compiles my user program, and do not rely on ready-built "lib.so's", right?
Have you already done a cross-compilation for the whole boost-lib?

Anyway - many, many thanks for your apps, your sources and libraries and your helpful hints.

My new program is a guitar songbook, that renders song files in chordpro semantic (chords like [Am] include in the lyrics).
It already works on emulator.
I want to use your pbtk to make the file selection and dialogs.
I want to release that program here as a beta or at least a preview soon.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #45
yuryfdr
Connoisseur

Quote:
I think it would be quite a help for other programmers, if your nice pbtk-library would not rely on sigc++ or if it would already contain the sigc++ binaries for arm, arm_eabi and emulator...
for emulator it will be better use system libsigc++-2.0 and libsigc++-2.0-dev packages. I will upload binaries for arm and arm_gnueabi latter.

Quote:
Have you already done a cross-compilation for the whole boost-lib?
no i don't plane yet heavy use of boost library for Pocketbook.

Quote:
My new program is a guitar songbook, that renders song files in chordpro semantic (chords like [Am] include in the lyrics).
It's great idea. Do you plane make smth like GuitarPro in the future?