Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-10-2011, 09:08 AM   #1
jrbeejay
jrbeejay began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS
Lost my Plug ins

Just updated to version 0.8.9 and all my plugins have disappeared. Re-installed them, rebooted calibre, still no plugins.
Am running windows 7 home premium and a Sony PRS 505
jrbeejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbeejay View Post
Just updated to version 0.8.9 and all my plugins have disappeared. Re-installed them, rebooted calibre, still no plugins.
Am running windows 7 home premium and a Sony PRS 505
That is strange:
Are you sure that you are using the same Login ID?
Optional Plugins are kept per User, not in the Plugin section of the main program.

Plugins are stored in a Zipped state. They might be there, just not readable.
You might 'Un-install Calibre (your Library and Plugins are left intact).
Get a fresh copy (do not use the previous download),
Do NOT use a 'download manager'
I also recommend that you set your Anti-Virus to "ASK" before repair (if you don't have users of your system that are not qualified to make that decision )

And be sure Calibre is Not running when you do upgrades
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:07 AM   #3
jrbeejay

[QUOTE=theducks;1652153]That is strange:
Optional Plugins are kept per User, not in the Plugin section of the main program.

I do not understand the question, I never log in or have ID related to calibre.

if I open calibre, my plugins are there, as soon as I connect my reader they all disappear.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:00 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You do know that there are different menus displayed with different options shown based on what view you are in... Device or Library view.

Take a look in Preferences | Interface | Toolbar. On the RIGHT you can select which menu to show; The main toolbar, The main toolbar when a device is connected, etc.

Once you are looking at the menu you want, you can add actions to it.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
[QUOTE=jrbeejay;1653231]
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That is strange:

I do not understand the question, I never log in or have ID related to calibre.

if I open calibre, my plugins are there, as soon as I connect my reader they all disappear.
OK things are lots clearer
Your plugins are missing from the main Tool bar.

You may have installed them ONLY to the main toolbar,
You need to also add them to the 'Device connected' tool bar.
NOTE: Look at the end of the toolbar for ">>"
The may be there if they won't fit on the screen

You need to configure EACH toolbar to show them.
Preferences: Toolbar
There is a pulldown that shows each configurable toolbar:
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:53 AM   #6
jrbeejay

Thanks a lot guys, will let you know how I got on when I next plugin the device
Old 07-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #7
jrbeejay

Lost my plugins

Right guys, I still have the same problem. When I activate Calibre I get my preferences I installed less fantastic fiction. The others are Manage Series, Find Duplicates, Reading List and View Manager. When I plug my device into the computer and the Library comes up, all the plugins disappear. I have installed them to the library and my device and card B as well.

Any advice would be appreciated.

jrbeejay
Old 07-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #8
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@jrbeejay - you were told the answer above. There are different toolbars for when your device is connected versus when it is not. If you want those plugins visible on your toolbar when the device is connected, they need to be added to both toolbars. You can do this from within Preferences ->Toolbars, look at the dropdown up the top right which says which menu/toolbar to add the actions to. Switch to the relevant device connected one and add whatever actions you want to that as well.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote