Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Just got Kobo Vox!

I just got a Kobo Vox for my birthday and have lots of questions, but first I'll browse this forum to see if any of them have been already answered. Hope to get this thing working as a useful tool instead of just a time waster.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
Congratulations on your purchase. Vox has its own section, lots of info for you to digest.

Here is the link.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=246
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 08:22 AM   #3
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
I am so excited for you! I hope you love it as much as I do!
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Yes, it's quite the gadget! A year ago my daughter got a Kobo eReader and I quite envied it. I read in bed at night before going to sleep and find it awkward holding the pages open laying on my side, so I was thinking of getting an eReader before I bought another book. She surprised me by getting this Kobo Vox for my birthday. It's so much easier to read than a paperback.

I also installed the Kobo Desktop on my computer. It synched with the books on my Vox that I got from the Kobo store, but not with half a dozen books I imported via SD card. What's up with that? The eReader tab on the Desktop is greyed out.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #5
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
I also installed the Kobo Desktop on my computer. It synched with the books on my Vox that I got from the Kobo store, but not with half a dozen books I imported via SD card. What's up with that? The eReader tab on the Desktop is greyed out.
Kobo does not upload sideloaded books to the Kobo cloud for you to download to other devices.

Just pop that SD card into the Vox and there's a setting so you can import those books. Or use Calibre. It's recently been updated so it can see the Vox. However even there you'll have to manually do the import from inside the Kobo eReader app. (At least for now. Who knows what will happen with future updates of the Vox or Calibre.)
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
Good luck with your new toy. I'm awaiting mine being delivered at the moment but WHSmith doesn't seem in all that of a hurry to post it out yet and it's still sitting on ready to send status.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:13 PM   #7
easterncoyote
Zealot
easterncoyote began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kobo Touch
I have had some issues with the Vox, and have been ready to return it several times. But you know, I am growing kind of attached to it, the more I use it, and I really like it, in spite of its problems
easterncoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:56 PM   #8
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox
Welcome to the Vox club with all its wonders and worries...
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote