Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #16
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
What Author name is he writing under? is it Joe Hill?
Yes. His real name is Joseph Hillstrom King, named after the labor activist Joe Hill.

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.n...256C9C0023B225

Last edited by BenG; 04-16-2009 at 01:02 PM.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:00 PM   #17
SuburbanSteve
Enthusiast
SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.

Device: Kindel Touch, Xoom 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post
You want to read a good book, get Heart Shaped Box by Stephen King's son. I am loooooooooving it. Great modern ghost story, incredible writing and characters, and thrills, scares, and creepiness. I find him a much better writer than his dad personally. Sadly, he only has two books out. Can't wait for more.
Thanx for the info just got myself a copy today and looking forward to getting stuck in.

SuburbanSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #18
~Kate
Connoisseur
~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Fire HDX 8.9, Nexus 7 2013
My copy of Rose Madder was a paperback from a used bookstore. cheap. I would rank it in the bottom half of maybe 20 SK books I've read. Not a bad book, but just odd.

Joe Hill also published 20th Century Ghosts which is a collection of 15 short stories. Some of these are really good, as in "early" SK good.
~Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #19
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys
replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW (Books) & iPad 3 (Comics)
It was available at some point; I have it on my Kindle. A lot of the SK back catalog published by Penguin disappears and returns for some reason. Insomnia did it, Cujo did it, Needful Things as well. Keep your eyes open, I suspect it will be back soon.
replica145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #20
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys
replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW (Books) & iPad 3 (Comics)
Its back
replica145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #21
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
His son also had a part in the movie "Creepshow" I believe. He was the little boy in the frame story who had the comic book that his dad objected to. I remember reading how they filmed his scenes at night and his character has a bruise on his face (the father character slaps him) and they stopped on the way home to get McDonalds for Joe since he was hungry and Mr. King got an odd look from the pick up girl (if I remember right) since Joe was still wearing the make up at the time.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #22
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kate View Post
My copy of Rose Madder was a paperback from a used bookstore. cheap. I would rank it in the bottom half of maybe 20 SK books I've read. Not a bad book, but just odd.

Joe Hill also published 20th Century Ghosts which is a collection of 15 short stories. Some of these are really good, as in "early" SK good.
I forget if mine was new or used when I got it. It is an odd story I agree. I also picked up "Rage" which was one of 4 short novels collected together I think at the time. He later pulled that novel from publication (after Columbine) and I have no idea if it's out in any format anymore.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #23
MrTeatime
Connoisseur
MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTeatime ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kate View Post

Worth it just for "Pop Art", imo
MrTeatime is offline   Reply With Quote