Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 08-31-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Causey, James O.: Frenzy. v1, 31 Aug 2008

This title was released under a Creative Commons License with a link to the book here. There is additional acknowledgement AND a link again placed at the end of the book. Book was acquired from Munseys, BUT REFORMATED BY ME TO MY SPECIFICATIONS.

http://www.munseys.com/book/19286/Frenzy

I have yet to read this noir novel, but this is what one source says:

“The narrator is a self-described two-bit grifter, a small-timer who screws up every time he gets close to the big time. After his most recent beating, he goes back to his hometown and sees the opportunity to make his big score at last. He's willing to do whatever it takes to get to the top. He'll lie to anyone, use anyone, cheat anyone. Old friends? Screw 'em. Family members? Screw 'em. When you think he's gone about as low as possible, he sinks lower. And finally . . . well, that's what you'll have to find out for yourself. The ending packs quite a noir punch.

”Frenzy has a lot of sex and even more violence, along with one of the most despicable characters you'll ever run across. I'm surprised this one hasn't been reprinted, but reading copies turn up cheap now and then. Check it out if you like the down and dirty.”

http://billcrider.blogspot.com/2008/...-o-causey.html

I hope you enjoy it.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote