Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #1
s.lee.f
s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 4 non touch
I can't download plugins!

i just downloaded calibre portable. I plugged in my kindle 4 but I set it to generic e reader beacaue in the options it said kindle 1-4 TOUCH instead of non touch. I tried to install plugins under preferences (green puzzlepeice) but it said it cannot reach the plugins index with something to copy. is it a link? why is this happening?
s.lee.f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:59 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@s.lee.f To install plugins calibre needs to access this site (ie MobileRead). Hence calibre needs to get though your firewall. You may need to allow that to happen by changing your firewall's settings.

If you don't want calibre to get through your firewall you can download the plugins from the first post of their thread in this forum, and install via Load plug-in from file.

If you don't allow calibre to get through your firewall, you wont be able to download metadata, use the Get Books feature and various other things.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2014, 02:01 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.lee.f View Post
i just downloaded calibre portable. I plugged in my kindle 4 but I set it to generic e reader beacaue in the options it said kindle 1-4 TOUCH instead of non touch. I tried to install plugins under preferences (green puzzlepeice) but it said it cannot reach the plugins index with something to copy. is it a link? why is this happening?
Probably your OS (proxy setting) /firewall is blocking calibre.

BTW this issue has noting to do with your reader device

Since you re running Portable, that implies Windows. What version and what browser do you use normally?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:51 AM   #4
s.lee.f
s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s.lee.f ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 4 non touch
It's windows seven professional and not my own computer as I don't have one. so I can't do anything. What is the link for the website to download the plugin? And even if I download it because of the firewall will it afffect anything in the plugin?
s.lee.f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:22 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.lee.f View Post
It's windows seven professional and not my own computer as I don't have one. so I can't do anything. What is the link for the website to download the plugin? And even if I download it because of the firewall will it afffect anything in the plugin?
Right Here for most (the same ones that Get Plugins show).

The Calibre Plugins forum: The Index is in the 'stickies' section.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2014, 01:46 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Right Here for most (the same ones that Get Plugins show).

The Calibre Plugins forum: The Index is in the 'stickies' section.

The link to the zip is normally at the end of the first post, and download via browser (Save Link As or Save Target As) - MR doesn't like download 'accelerators', but the PI zips are tiny so they only take a moment.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote