Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
slowfax
Connoisseur
slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.

Device: miflalmXD
Bambook EReader detected, but not used by Calibre

Hi,
when I connect my Bambook Ereader to my Laptop, Calibre tells me:
------
calibre, version 0.8.18
BAMBOOK: Kann nicht mit dem Bambook verbinden, Sie müssen zuerst die Bambook Bibliothek installieren.
(Cannot connect to the Bambook, You must install Bambook Library first)

Does anybody know the Bambook reader and is able to help?
Thanks!
slowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:54 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Well, that message essentially tells you that you'll have to install the Bambook library (I'm assuming that's the application the reader came with) to use the device in Calibre. Did you install that program?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
slowfax
Connoisseur
slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.

I think I have installed all needed files, cause the Reader connects fine to an other PC (without Calibre).
Old 09-13-2011, 11:01 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowfax View Post
I think I have installed all needed files, cause the Reader connects fine to an other PC (without Calibre).
It would seem that your device is not seen as a typical USB drive with an assigned drive letter. I'm not familiar with your device, but the Device plugin (see attached) for the bambook has a place to enter an IP address. I'm guessing this IP address needs to be filled in for calibre to work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bambook device interface plugin.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	76491  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:11 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Bambook devices need the bambook driver library to be installed. You need to put BambookCore.dll into the DLLs sub directory of the calibre install.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2011, 01:26 PM   #6
slowfax
Connoisseur

Problem solved

First thanks for all your help!
I got in contact with Li Fanxi, who developped the Bambook integration into calibre. He helped me with all questions I have had with this device. We will try to write together an English/German handbook/short guide for this fine (and very cheap) chinese device.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:14 AM   #7
tangram
tangram began at the beginning.

Device: bambook
hi folks,
I could need some help because I also purchased a new bambook and don't know how to get it working with calibre. So if you could send me your tutorial, that would be really great!

thx
tangram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #8
slowfax
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangram View Post
hi folks,
I could need some help because I also purchased a new bambook and don't know how to get it working with calibre. So if you could send me your tutorial, that would be really great!

thx
See PM
Old 09-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowfax View Post
See PM
If you can help him with this problem put the info in a post not in a private message. Private Messages don't help anybody else who might be dropping by this forum seeking the same information.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #10
slowfax
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Private Messages don't help anybody else who might be dropping by this forum seeking the same information.
Sometimes PMs are necessary to recognize the real problem. If I don't know the exact problem I will not post an - possible wrong or misleading - answer.