Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Will older covers really fit the Paperwhite?

I'm looking at non-Amazon cover options, and this older one claims to fit the Paperwhite:

http://www.amazon.com/Marware-Atlas-...pr_product_top

I never owned any gen 4 devices. Are they really the same size as the PW?
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
ddoyle777
ddoyle777 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
I bought that case for my Kindle Touch - it fits the Paperwhite just fine.
ddoyle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

The PW is 4.6" x 6.7".

The K4 (non-touch) is 4.5" x 6.5".

The K Touch is 4.7" x 6.8".

Generation 4 could be the K4 non-touch screen or the Touch model depending on what the advertiser means by Gen 4.

I have a non-Amazon, generic cover by Belkin that worked well with my Touch and now works well with my PW. But the Touch is slightly bigger than the PW. A cover designed for the smaller K4 non-touch might be too small.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, guys. I know the 'official' case is the default choice but I happen to have $20 in Amazon card points.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #5
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
Thanks, guys. I know the 'official' case is the default choice but I happen to have $20 in Amazon card points.
I'd wait until you can spend another $20 and get the official case. It is the best ereader case I've had. The magnetic clasp that powers the device on and off is very slick.
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
schulzmc
Zealot
schulzmc doesn't litterschulzmc doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
I'd wait until you can spend another $20 and get the official case. It is the best ereader case I've had. The magnetic clasp that powers the device on and off is very slick.
Gotta second this. The magnetic clasp is worth the price. Until we see some cheaper third party cases that feature this I'd go with the Amazon PW case.
schulzmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
The new case is great. The automatic turn off and turn on is great.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #8
Trauma Doll
Addict

I appreciate the advice, but the order's already placed. I'm going to try out that hand-holder thing on the back.

(I buy expensive cases for my iPads, typically I'm happy with cheaper knock-off cases for anything smaller. My current KK case is some thing I got from slickdeals for like four dollars. I may upgrade to the premium Amazon PW case if/when they go on sale or there is a SO.)
Old 10-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I appreciate the advice, but the order's already placed. I'm going to try out that hand-holder thing on the back.

(I buy expensive cases for my iPads, typically I'm happy with cheaper knock-off cases for anything smaller. My current KK case is some thing I got from slickdeals for like four dollars. I may upgrade to the premium Amazon PW case if/when they go on sale or there is a SO.)
I have their Eco-flip and love love love it! I will be ordering another when I get the PW now they are $25 instead of $35. The hand hold is a must have. My only complaint is the black felt inside their cases can stain the Kindle. This time I'm going to put something back there to keep it from happening.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #10
Trauma Doll
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have their Eco-flip and love love love it! I will be ordering another when I get the PW now they are $25 instead of $35. The hand hold is a must have. My only complaint is the black felt inside their cases can stain the Kindle. This time I'm going to put something back there to keep it from happening.
That's the one I got (in black--I love the purple color in some of the images but it doesn't seem to be available). I did notice one customer image with the 'stain' issue, but very few (if any) review mentions of it. Did you actually have it happen?
Old 10-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
That's the one I got (in black--I love the purple color in some of the images but it doesn't seem to be available). I did notice one customer image with the 'stain' issue, but very few (if any) review mentions of it. Did you actually have it happen?
Yep my Silver Kindle has ugly brown and black stains on the back but putting a paper or maybe some felt or foam should keep it from happening. The Eco-Flip is a great case. I love I can stand it on my chest and read. The stand part could be better. Here's my review on it before it stained My Kindle. The hand hold now is a little ratty but I've use the Kindle alot this year. 90 books since I got it read!
Other then that it's still in pretty good condition.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #12
Trauma Doll
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yep my Silver Kindle has ugly brown and black stains on the back but putting a paper or maybe some felt or foam should keep it from happening. The Eco-Flip is a great case. I love I can stand it on my chest and read. The stand part could be better. Here's my review on it before it stained My Kindle. The hand hold now is a little ratty but I've use the Kindle alot this year. 90 books since I got it read!
Other then that it's still in pretty good condition.
My first reaction is "well, at least the PW is black anyway"....but if it stained the screen that would be bad. Anyway, thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it.