Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #1
gregburbidge
gregburbidge began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Book and Author Tracking?

I have a list of my favorite authors, and once in a while I go through the internet and search each one by name to see if they have written anything new or what I might be missing.

Does anyone know of a piece of software so I could just enter my favorite authors and it would keep a list of all their books both previous and forthcoming? Web based or mac based, either way it would be a great app. I'd especially love something where I could cross books off as I have read them.
gregburbidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:56 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
fantasticfiction.com or fantasticfiction.co.uk
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 09:19 AM   #3
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
goodreads.com allows you to search by author, add titles to your "To be read" list and convert them to your "Read" list after reading. It won't as far as I know, automatically add books to your list based on author selection which is, I think, what you are looking for.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:32 AM   #4
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Librarything is a website that has a database of authors and books. You can view all the books written by one author and add the books to your library or to your wishlist (there is a limit to the number of books you can add, unless you pay for a subscription). I find it a bit annoying to use but useful.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote