Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #136
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
I managed to update my Kindle....
And Amazon gave us a nice present...
WAFs are now called "mesquite" so we need to update the entry in appreg.db to match the new path.

It seems the old and simple command to remove the seachbar in a WAF doesn't work anymore.
Default Kindle's menus are a bit changed and this means we have to update our menus.

The command to rotate the screen from inside a WAF doesn't work anymore.

The GUI is all messed up and we have now scrollbars...
The pinch to zoom doesn't work anymore (I was bringing it back some weeks ago and it worked fine)...

On the other hand, Komic is really faster now...but it will take a loooong time to make it work fine!!

EDIT: the rotation thing works....my fault!!
EDIT2: the searchbar can be removed, it's just a matter of change the relevant code...

Last edited by silver18; 01-21-2013 at 02:59 PM.
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #137
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Fianor: My best guess would be the simple screensaver hack. Try again after removing it.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 04:34 AM   #138
Fianor
Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle Touch
That was the issue, not sure why I couldn't find that installer, thanks for the link. I'm on 5.3.2 now, loving it, seems faster, and I think the background is even lighter than it was, maybe that's just my imagination though.
Fianor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:39 AM   #139
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fianor View Post
the background is even lighter than it was, maybe that's just my imagination though.
Well, it's the foreground which is actually darker. The interface is B/W with sharper fonts and no midtones are used (there were grey captions before). This way the background seems whiter.
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #140
imeister
imeister began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Ich habe ein Kindle Touch mit der Software 5.3.2 hätte gern den Jailbreak mit dem CollectionsManager. Gibt es dafür eine einfache deutsche Anleitung für eine Mac OSX.
imeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #141
April_7th
Connoisseur
April_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by imeister View Post
Ich habe ein Kindle Touch mit der Software 5.3.2 hätte gern den Jailbreak mit dem CollectionsManager. Gibt es dafür eine einfache deutsche Anleitung für eine Mac OSX.
ვაი შე ყლეო შენა..
April_7th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:55 AM   #142
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by April_7th View Post
ვაი შე ყლეო შენა..

Shouldn't you cast your sͪ̄͊ͬ͗̌̓̋̿́̋ͧͮ̈̌̿̋̚p̂͑̈́͐̏́̈̔̉ͤͩͫͨͣ̚ȇͬ̈ͧ̿͌̎͛ͨ̍̍̃̌̚ ͒͒l̈̽̌ͮͧ͛ͦ̃̋ͥ̈ͩ͋̿ͭͥ̒̚̚l͗́̂ͯͬ͂͋̓̐̊͒ͤͦͤ͑̎͐̔ to imeister rather than q̣̼̲̖͕̭̺͎̦͚̣̜̘̣͚̻l̟̞̩͎̠͓̺̹̤e͓̺̞̭͙̝̗͚̩̰͈̳̰͎͎̰̬o̜̞̗̭ ̣̠̺̠̤͖̫̖̙̦͔͚̱ͅ?

Last edited by PoP; 02-10-2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: zalgoified
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote