Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #301
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
This shows common commands for various Unix-based Operating Systems (including linux):
http://bhami.com/rosetta.html
I really like cb.vu/unixtoolbox.xhtml
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #302
stiny861
stiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toys

Device: K3
Hello. I am kind of a noob at this. I have been trying to unbrick my K3 with the ATK, and was getting the no usb detected error. This was on a 64 bit system. I saw that the usb drivers only come onto 32 bit systems, so i switched to an XP, 32 bit and tried again. I am still getting the no usb error, even after rebooting the machine. I have also tried following the ATK user guide and manually installing the usb driver. If i open device manager, i can see the Jungo driver in there, but ATK still gives me the no usb error. Any ideas?
stiny861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #303
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiny861 View Post
Hello. I am kind of a noob at this. I have been trying to unbrick my K3 with the ATK, and was getting the no usb detected error. This was on a 64 bit system. I saw that the usb drivers only come onto 32 bit systems, so i switched to an XP, 32 bit and tried again. I am still getting the no usb error, even after rebooting the machine. I have also tried following the ATK user guide and manually installing the usb driver. If i open device manager, i can see the Jungo driver in there, but ATK still gives me the no usb error. Any ideas?
Try doing
Quote:
Plug your kindle into the computer. hold the power button for 30 seconds and then without letting go, press and hold the vol - button for 1 second, then release only the power button, wait 1 second, then release the volume button
before clicking next in ATK.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #304
stiny861
stiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toysstiny861 shares his or her toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
Try doing

Quote:
Plug your kindle into the computer. hold the power button for 30 seconds and then without letting go, press and hold the vol - button for 1 second, then release only the power button, wait 1 second, then release the volume button

before clicking next in ATK.
No dice
Old 10-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #305
qlob
Official Lurker

Try using a different cable or usb port then. Other than that I cannot really help you, unless you want to try making k3flasher run on windows or using linux...

Last edited by qlob; 10-24-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Advert
Old 10-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #306
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
Try using a different cable or usb port then. Other than that I cannot really help you, unless you want to try making k3flasher run on windows or using linux...
k3flasher really is low effort these days (if you give the README a decent read) - since there is an actual build, not just source it is a couple of steps.

the OP would need to extract the supporting .bin he needs anyways via windows so that's not such a bad thing. Run a linux image-disk or something if installing linux is a real PITA. HTH.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:28 PM   #307
stiny861

All right i will try using linux. I already took care of the bin files, it is just the flashing program i am having issues with. Any old build should work right?
Old 10-25-2012, 02:52 AM   #308
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
"Old build" of what? Linux? Well, I'd suggest it should be reasonably recent. But any "Mini" distribution should work. If you mean k3flasher - I published only one ready-made build up to now (in the k3flasher thread)...
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:40 AM   #309
stiny861

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
"Old build" of what? Linux? Well, I'd suggest it should be reasonably recent. But any "Mini" distribution should work. If you mean k3flasher - I published only one ready-made build up to now (in the k3flasher thread)...
Yeah that's what i meant. It shouldn't matter if i use Ubuntu or fedora or Debian. Any one should work?
Old 10-25-2012, 08:45 AM   #310
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
UK - idiom - "any old" = type unimportant.

Spoiler:
Nicht die Bedeutung, die mit der Zeit oder Alter zu tun, könnte man erwarten.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #311
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Yes.
And you do not have to install Linux, just run a "Linux LiveCD"
There are hundreds of those to choose from - if in doubt, run Knoppix
At least then you would be working with something we might recognize here.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #312
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiny861 View Post
Yeah that's what i meant. It shouldn't matter if i use Ubuntu or fedora or Debian. Any one should work?
Finally someone less understood than me

This is the lesser known "triple overhead manifold sprocket" release...
"Speak English Boy" hehehe

Yeah you should be peachy. Hawhill would know the very best thing to use (erm probably whatever he uses, then you have a known shared platform)

That's what I have done. Moved my OS over the the same as knc1 and even had a play at building one of Nilujes. Then you know where you are. None of this "No, nc DOES NEED THE -p FLAG", "Not on my box!!!" rubbish.

Anyways. glad you are venturing out into the word of linux, I can recommend Mint. It is really very painless aside from the odd meaningless glitch here and there.

Hope you get it sorted. The Mint Live CD thing is a very painless option if you just want to try it out.

Ah yeah. and try to avoid idioms, the multilingual types don't "Get them".

Think Ziva from NCIS and you have it
HTH
Old 10-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #313
stiny861

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
UK - idiom - "any old" = type unimportant.
What's really funny about all this is I'm in the US, not the UK. I would have thought more people would have know what I meant.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #314
qlob
Official Lurker

Fedora 16 and above worked nicely for me, I didn't try getting libusbx through yum though, i just built it from source...
Old 10-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #315
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
libusb(x) is now statically compiled into the versions I've provided in the first post. So a reasonably recent glibc is all that's needed.

BTW: I very well got the phrase "any old", but was wondering about the reference since the last reference point in that paragraph was the "flashing program", not the "linux distribution".
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debrick, debricking, howto, kindle 3