Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-10-2006, 10:10 AM   #1
ali
Addict
ali doesn't litterali doesn't litter

Device: Iliad, dude!
Divide & Conquer

I'm somewhat surprised by the silence in both forums. Are all regular writers beta-tester know and forbidden to say anything? What's going on here?
ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #2
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Perhaps they are awestruck of the fact that the Sony Reader sub-forum gets larger than iLiad sub-forum in few days.
"both forums" Do you mean iRex's forum?

# iLiad's 16 Colours It is very silent there. Feedback would be cool.
# on my to-do-list: »perfect« scribble note templates [day planner etc.]

Last edited by yokos; 10-10-2006 at 10:41 AM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2006, 10:36 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali
I'm somewhat surprised by the silence in both forums. Are all regular writers beta-tester know and forbidden to say anything? What's going on here?
I hope this is not the case... or iRex would have effectively managed to shut everyone up through their NDA'ed beta tester program.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:02 AM   #4
b_k
Übernerd
b_k is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic
I hope this is not the case... or iRex would have effectively managed to shut everyone up through their NDA'ed beta tester program.
Heh, I am not a beta-tester. 2 reasons: I already had experience with their support. And I don't have a positive attitude towards them (and bragged openly about it) for various reasons plus I don't need any more experience with their repair service.

But at the moment I don't have something to complain about.
b_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:16 AM   #5
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Well, I guess the beta-test could have some impact, but not that much. Mainly, the focus is shifting towards the Sony Reader at the moment because that's where all the action is right now.
iRex is not doing anything interesting right now, so there is little new to talk about.
Once the sources are released, the SDK comes out or a major Battery-Life update is announced we'll get more action over here...:.-)
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2006, 11:20 AM   #6
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
I'm too busy speeding my way through books to post :-)

Up to my 27th. Which will be finished on my way home (70 pages).

Which reminds me, I need to convert more books over to pdf for the iLiad, as the 28th is the last "new" book on the device.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:36 AM   #7
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
It supposse everyone has mentally set the milestone at the release of the xpdf with restored scaling. and it is delayed. So nothing to do. If such xpdf is released at the same time, roughly, than the sdk, then people will start to work sdk-wise. If the sdk is delayed but the xpdf is ready, we will think again about the process of cracking inside. And if a scaled xpdf is not released but sony does, then iLiad is out of bussiness.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:02 PM   #8
b_k
Übernerd
b_k is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
...Once the sources are released, the SDK comes out or a major Battery-Life update is announced we'll get more action over here...:.-)
I thaught you meant "IF the sources will ever be released , the SDK comes out (in the next years) or a major Battery-Life update is announced (same like SDK) ..."

I feel like I'm getting more and more realistic.

b_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:20 AM   #9
pdam
Groupie
pdam doesn't litterpdam doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, iPaq, Psion5&7, Blackberry
it'll liven up again after 2.7 release ... but with no content, little PR and slow uptake on the iLiad front and Sony making a marketing splash - things are bound to get quiet :-(
pdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:02 AM   #10
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Some of us are busy, just got nothing to say that iRex needs to be hearing right now.

And/or don't need a cease and perish letter from the BBC.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:41 AM   #11
pdam
Groupie
pdam doesn't litterpdam doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, iPaq, Psion5&7, Blackberry
But it's fun to mix it with corporate legal types! :-)
pdam is offline   Reply With Quote