Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
marcostt
marcostt began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Adding fonts

Sorry if this has already been asked, but can not find the answer.

I know I have to add Font Types to Sigil's folder and modify the CSS file. But, I have a problem: I dont know which font file I must upload.

I want to use Delicious (www.josbuivenga.demon.nl) and Gentium Basic (http://scripts.sil.org/Gentium_basic). Both are in a zip, and when I unzip them, then I get a lot of files... and I dont know which one is the needed in Sigil.

Delicous unzipped gets:

Delicious_76
DelicRom
DelicBol
DelicBolIta
DelicHea
DelicIta
DelicSmaCap

And Gentium unzipped:

FONTLOG.txt
GENTIUM-FAQ.txt
GenBkBasBI.ttf
GenBkBasB.ttf
GenBkBasI.ttf
GenBkBasR.ttf
GenBasB.ttf
GenBasBI.ttf
GenBasI.ttf
GenBasR.ttf
OFL-FAQ.txt
OFL.txt

Which file must I upload to Sigil? Thanks in advance.
marcostt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcostt View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked, but can not find the answer.

I know I have to add Font Types to Sigil's folder and modify the CSS file. But, I have a problem: I dont know which font file I must upload.

I want to use Delicious (www.josbuivenga.demon.nl) and Gentium Basic (http://scripts.sil.org/Gentium_basic). Both are in a zip, and when I unzip them, then I get a lot of files... and I dont know which one is the needed in Sigil.

Delicous unzipped gets:

Delicious_76
DelicRom
DelicBol
DelicBolIta
DelicHea
DelicIta
DelicSmaCap

And Gentium unzipped:

FONTLOG.txt
GENTIUM-FAQ.txt
GenBkBasBI.ttf
GenBkBasB.ttf
GenBkBasI.ttf
GenBkBasR.ttf
GenBasB.ttf
GenBasBI.ttf
GenBasI.ttf
GenBasR.ttf
OFL-FAQ.txt
OFL.txt

Which file must I upload to Sigil? Thanks in advance.
The Ones you need

the suffix (some I marked in green)
Bold
Bold Italic
Italic
SmallCaps

You get the picture.
Each font-weight and font-style you use for that font-face needs the supporting font included (if the device does not support it already)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
marcostt
marcostt began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Thank you very much. I'll try it, but, in order to add the fonts to Sigil, ttf?, otf? Are both right?
marcostt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

TTF is a definite YES.
I believe that OTF is also supported by many devices.
Sigil does not care which... Your device may
Old 05-29-2012, 05:14 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Actually, the spec mandates only support for OTF, although probably all readers that support fonts support TTF too.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Actually, the spec mandates only support for OTF, although probably all readers that support fonts support TTF too.
TNX for the knowledge update. I did some reading and it looks like non-Apple devices should have no problem as OTF was built upon TTF concepts (Apple has their own font system).
OTF files are smaller (preferred for use on reading devices?)