Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 10-15-2010, 12:41 PM   #16
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvd4 View Post
Here's where I tried to find GEBLibrarian:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/GEB_Librarian Error 404

http://breeno.org/eBook/ - GEBLibrarian website Error 404
Sadly, the breeno.org/eBook site is no more. RIP!

However, snapshots can be retrieved using the The Wayback Machine of the Internet Archive, namely this website snapshot is from 2007.

Have fun reading and absorbing...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:47 PM   #17
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
A google search turned up: http://ebookwise-librarian.software.informer.com/

This is still available from ebookwise but the original author seems to have stopped supporting it.

By the way, the version is 1.65a

Last edited by DaleDe; 10-15-2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: version number
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:51 PM   #18
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
A google search turned up: http://ebookwise-librarian.software.informer.com/

This is still available from ebookwise but the original author seems to have stopped supporting it.
Thanks, Dale, that did the trick. For those that want the direct link from fictionwise.com and not through a third party, just click here!
Old 10-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #19
lvd4
Enthusiast
lvd4 began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150
Thanks guys for researching and posting that info. I sucessfully download GEBLibrarian and get the error that the hosts file in C;\Windows\system32\drivers could not be created.
I tried running the program anyway and get an error that no ebook was created. The only thing in the log file was that ebook creation was started, then that it failed. Have either of you actually tried it from the link you gave?
Is it possible, since support is no longer there for the program, that I would have to buy it to work properly? This one is the 7 day evaluation. Thanks very much.
lvd4
lvd4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #20
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvd4 View Post
Thanks guys for researching and posting that info. I sucessfully download GEBLibrarian and get the error that the hosts file in C;\Windows\system32\drivers could not be created.
I tried running the program anyway and get an error that no ebook was created. The only thing in the log file was that ebook creation was started, then that it failed. Have either of you actually tried it from the link you gave?
Is it possible, since support is no longer there for the program, that I would have to buy it to work properly? This one is the 7 day evaluation. Thanks very much.
lvd4
From the link on the eBookwise site you also need the USB driver installed. Check the archive given by nrapallo to locate and download this driver. Use the eBookwise link he gave and follow the instructions.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:44 AM   #21
lvd4
Enthusiast

I have the USB driver installed. I have been using the reader and downloading from the Personal web server - .doc, html, txt - no problem. In fact I have successfully converted from .pdf to .doc or html or txt and then uploaded to the ebook via the PWServer. It is the .IMP files that I cannot seem to get. I'll keep working on it! Thanks Dale.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:49 AM   #22
lvd4
Enthusiast

Just found a note regarding a change one needs to do if using Vista. Sheesh, don't know how I missed that. I'll that and let you know. Thanks.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:12 AM   #23
lvd4
Enthusiast

Well, my ebook reader now recognizes the ebwlibrarian bookshelf but still will not transfer books of any file version. I'll continue to hack away at this. It may just be a simple step or setting. As it is now, I am better off with the Personal Content Server. At least I can transfer .doc, .txt, .html, rtf. And I can convert .pdfs to any .doc. This whole issue arose from simply trying to transfer the .IMP books on this site.
You people are a great find. And I thank you for all your help. (Now, I'm away for the day and won't be able to play with this.)
lvd4
Old 10-17-2010, 04:26 PM   #24
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

I sent an email to eBookwise to accept IMP on their bookshelf. Since the alternative is no longer available that would be a good compromise. Others might want to add to the request.

Dale
Old 10-18-2010, 07:22 AM   #25
nrapallo

Quote:
I sent an email to eBookwise to accept IMP on their bookshelf.
What a great idea! Makes perfect sense to me to now have that option.

It's a wonder this has never been a priority for ETI, that is, to add the .imp file format to their online Personal Content Server.

It's a natural...
Old 10-18-2010, 10:34 AM   #26
lvd4
Enthusiast

I just thought I was missing something obvious for the Personal Content Server. I hope many of us do the same. Thanks DaleDe and nrapallo.
lvd4
Old 10-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #27
lvd4
Enthusiast

Solved! The response I received from ebookwise:
You can upload IMP files from the link below:

http://my.ebooksystem.net

I tried it with one of the .IMP files I downloaded from this forum (MobileRead) and it worked beautifully!
Old 10-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #28
nklein
Enthusiast
nklein began at the beginning.

Device: ppc, soon a ipod touch
Quote:
From the link on the eBookwise site you also need the USB driver installed. Check the archive given by nrapallo to locate and download this driver. Use the eBookwise link he gave and follow the instructions.
does anyone have a copy of this driver? and will it work with XP?
thanks

Last edited by nklein; 10-18-2010 at 01:45 PM.
nklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:49 PM   #29
nklein
Enthusiast
nklein began at the beginning.

Device: ppc, soon a ipod touch
is this the right driver?
http://www.ebookwise.com/servlet/mw?...Bdrivers&si=43
nklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:53 PM   #30
lvd4
Enthusiast

Yes, it is the correct driver for the EBW1150.