Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-28-2009, 05:18 AM   #1
ebook_devices_jp
ebook_devices_jp began at the beginning.

Device: LIBRIe, WordsGear, PRS-700
Japanese reading on PRS-700 with calibre success!!

Hi all,

Thanks for Kovid Goyal and other forum members.

I tried Japanese news fetching on calibre and can read non-Japanized
PRS-700 (no Flasher use) with Japanese font!!

Use free Japanese ttf font (IPA mona font) and copied on "fonts" folder
on PRS-700 internal storage.

Override-css on calibre as follow.

Code:
@font-face {
  font-family: "ipagpmona";
  src: url(res:///Data/fonts/ipagp-mona.ttf);
}

body {
}
On calibre GUI, override-css option didn't override when fetching news.
So I selected the book which I fetched, and run [Convert E-books]
I got a override-css epub book.

Last edited by ebook_devices_jp; 03-28-2009 at 06:35 AM.
ebook_devices_jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:39 AM   #2
Hypernova
Hyperreader
Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Current: Boox Leaf2 (broken) Past: H2O, Kindle PW1, DXG;Pocketbook 360
Here's how I change the font using the recipe. I'll let you figure out how to change to your font.

Code:
    extra_css = '@font-face {font-family: "serif1";src:url(res:///Data/FONT/angsau.ttf)} @font-face {font-family: "sans1";src:url(res:///opt/sony/ebook/FONT/tt0003m_.ttf)} body{font-family: serif1, serif} .article_description{font-family: sans1, sans-serif}'
How I wish I could read japanese...*sigh*
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2009, 07:04 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Note that if you refer to font files in the /Data directory, that will only work in the Sony readers. If you transfer the file to a different device or to a computer it will not be able to use the fonts, even if they are installed there (for they will be installed in different places).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:02 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Note that if you refer to font files in the /Data directory, that will only work in the Sony readers. If you transfer the file to a different device or to a computer it will not be able to use the fonts, even if they are installed there (for they will be installed in different places).
It's trivial to edit the CSS and embed the fonts if you were distributing the ePub. Also, it;s just as easy to write directions on how to install the fonts on a 505/700 so the ePub can be used as is with a 505/700.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #5
ebook_devices_jp
ebook_devices_jp began at the beginning.

Device: LIBRIe, WordsGear, PRS-700
>>Hypernova
Thank you for helping about calibre's reciepe. I'll try.

>>Jellby
>>JSWolf
Thank you for your advice.
I already read this thread and Sony PRS-505,700 are not qualified as collect ePub format for fonts changing.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30935
ebook_devices_jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2009, 07:09 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebook_devices_jp View Post
>>Hypernova
Thank you for helping about calibre's reciepe. I'll try.

>>Jellby
>>JSWolf
Thank you for your advice.
I already read this thread and Sony PRS-505,700 are not qualified as collect ePub format for fonts changing.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30935
Read the following thread and you'll see that it is possible to change the font in ePub.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36361
Old 04-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #7
prs700
prs700 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-700
hi all,
thanks I thought it was impossible to read non-latin letters on the readers (other than PDFs).
Does this work with other languages?
do I have to specify the language (Arabic, Chinese, Hindi . etc.?) or just the font and font family?
Thanks again
prs700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by prs700 View Post
hi all,
thanks I thought it was impossible to read non-latin letters on the readers (other than PDFs).
Does this work with other languages?
do I have to specify the language (Arabic, Chinese, Hindi . etc.?) or just the font and font family?
Thanks again
All you have to do is use ePub and edit the CSS to use the fonts of your choice. You can either embed the fonts in the ePub or on the Reader. See the link I posted in a previous message in this thread.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:21 PM   #9
Hypernova
Hyperreader
Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Current: Boox Leaf2 (broken) Past: H2O, Kindle PW1, DXG;Pocketbook 360
I want to add that the method JSWolf explain will work great if your langauge uses space to seperate words. Well, actually I should not generalize that, but what I know is that if I use epub for thai text, the line will simply continue "outside" the screen since DE has no idea about a thai word, and they don't even try. I have to use lrf for thai text since at least it simply stop when it reach the end of the screen and continue on a new line.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:33 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

ePub should wrap fine at the right edge of the screen unless you are using <pre> tags in your ePub.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:35 AM   #11
Justice Strike
Enthusiast
Justice Strike began at the beginning.

Device: psr600
thai only has spaces at the end of a sentence. Words are written after each other without spaces.
Justice Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:27 AM   #12
arvinder
arvinder began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia N72
I tried with japnase.ttf but and chinese.ttf and japanese characters doesnt appear (???)but chinese characters appears correctly in sony reader.

i used CSS exactly like below for japanese.ttf and same with chinese but chinese displayed and japenese not:

@font-face {
font-family: "japanese";
src: url(res:///Data/fonts/japanese.ttf);
}

@font-face {
font-family: "chinese";
src: url(res:///Data/fonts/chinese.ttf);
}

Can someone pls. attach ipag-mona.ttf font which i can use to display japanese character as given below

@font-face {
src: url(res:///Data/fonts/ipagp-mona.ttf);
}

body {
}
arvinder is offline   Reply With Quote