Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-25-2013, 04:20 AM   #316
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
Due to issues in Python environment building on OSX 10.8+ the generated bundle does not work (anymore) on earlier versions.
I put a download link for 10.7 and earlier on KCC main page (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...c1_osx10.7.zip) with the latest code. When we'll release 3.6 I'd rebuild the bundle, and that will probably be the last release to support earlier OS X versions.

With the expected renewed kindlestrip, not that 3.6 actually lacks anything, though
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:49 AM   #317
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Yep. 3.6 will be last release that will support OSX 10.7 and older. Maintaining X build enviroments with 2 man team is too time consuming.

We waiting for P. Durrant feedback about KindleUnpack optimization and 3.6 is ready for release.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #318
stexyn
stexyn began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciromattia View Post
Due to issues in Python environment building on OSX 10.8+ the generated bundle does not work (anymore) on earlier versions.
I put a download link for 10.7 and earlier on KCC main page (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...c1_osx10.7.zip) with the latest code. When we'll release 3.6 I'd rebuild the bundle, and that will probably be the last release to support earlier OS X versions.

With the expected renewed kindlestrip, not that 3.6 actually lacks anything, though
With this version the program opens but it doesn't convert
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	115763  
stexyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #319
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ciromattia I'm getting this same error on 10.8.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:56 AM   #320
Larz0rz
Larz0rz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Exclamation KCC 3.5 Crashes in 10.9

Version 3.3 was working for me, but it won't open after updating to 3.5.
I'm on OSX 10.9.

Love this program, btw. It's worked great and really come in handy so far. Let me know if you find a solution to this.
Larz0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2013, 03:59 AM   #321
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

3.5 is working correctly on 10.9. That was confirmed by multiple testers.

What error you getting?
Old 11-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #322
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
I had bug reports too with 10.7 build, currently investigating.
10.9 build has not been changed, so it should work like before...
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:12 AM   #323
Larz0rz
Larz0rz began at the beginning.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
3.5 is working correctly on 10.9. That was confirmed by multiple testers.

What error you getting?
Nevermind...
Gatekeeper would not let me open it initially because it said it is from an "unknown developer." (I assumed the window that popped up on launch was the initial "files downloaded from the internet may harm your computer" thing. I need to read more closely.)

Never had this warning before though...

If anyone else encounters this, all you have to do is right click on the KCC icon and select >Open. A window will pop up and ask you to confirm that you want to launch the program.

Anyways, thanks again. And sorry to trouble you guys with my mistake.
Larz0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:21 AM   #324
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

No problem :-)

I would sign OSX executable with pleasure - I have code sign certificates. That would eliminate this issue. But ofc Apple only supports theirs special developer certificates.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #325
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Version 3.6 is out!
  • Increased quality of Panel View zoom
  • Creation of multipart MOBI output is now faster on machines with 4GB+ RAM
  • Automatic gamma correction now distinguishes color and grayscale images
  • Added ComicRack metadata parser
  • Implemented new method to detect border color in non-webtoon comics
  • Upscaling is now enabled by default for Kindle Fire HD/HDX
  • Windows nad Linux releases now have tray icon
  • Fixed Kindle Fire HDX 7" output
  • Increased target resolution for Kindle DX/DXG CBZ output

Small warning for Linux users:
There is new dependency - Psutil

And OSX users:
This release is currently only for OSX 10.8+. Ciromattia is trying to make 10.7 version too.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #326
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Released version 3.6.1 - hotfixed PNG output.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #327
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Released version 3.6.2- Another bucket of fixes.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 12-07-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #328
Morisato
Morisato began at the beginning.

I've been using your program since 2.3, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate you doing this! I will definitely be donating when I can. Incredible work
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #329
Island Boy
Island Boy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Can't download stable version is 3.4 for Windoes

Can't download stable version is 3.4 for Windoes

kcc v3.6.2 downloaded from address
http://kcc.vulturis.eu/Windows/Kindl..._win_3.6.2.exe
is not working for me. The .mobi file produced seems the right size but only the frist page is visible + there only "two" pages.

kcc v3.2.1 worked well but I would like to try version 3.4 for windows.
Can I get a url or dowload link for version 3.4 that supports resume download.
My Internet is slow and intermittent.

Thanks
Island Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #330
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

@Morisato: You welcome!

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools