Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 04:54 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Black Friday Deals - Kindle

There are two Black Friday threads in the Deals forum. One for ereaders and one for tablets & MP3 players. See those threads for category deals and links to Black Friday websites.

This thread is designed to consolidate Kindle deals and make discussion easier.

Kindle Devices

Accessories
  • x

GC= Gift Card

RSC= RadioShack Coupons - Get $10 Back for every $50 you Spend - offer available from 01 Nov 2012 ~ 05 Jan 2013, but the redemption terms are quite restrictive. You can only redeem one $10 coupon per transaction. See the link above for a detailed FAQ.

This is a work in progress. As ads are posted, new deals will be added.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-08-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:29 AM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I was hoping for a $50 card on the Fires. You can get that Radio Shack price with coupons right now. I'll keep waiting...I bet next year they'll be more desperate to get rid of them.
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I was hoping for a $50 card on the Fires.
So was I. Right now, these BF deals don't look so hot. Hopefully, there might be some better deals for the online BF sales early Thanksgiving Day.

Last Feb, Walmart was selling the 1st gen Kindle Fire for $199 + free $50 GC. I picked up one and gifted it. Then in Apr, they were selling the Kindle 4 Silver for $79 + free $30 GC. I picked up a couple. Gifted one and kept one. It replaced my K3 and became my primary ereader.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
You can get that Radio Shack price with coupons right now.
Thanks for pointing it out. I wasn't aware of that. The terms for redemption are quite restrictive. You can only redeem one $10 coupon per transaction. That's downright horrible and makes the RadioShack deals worse than the others. Here's an FAQ about the offer:

Get $10 Back for every $50 you Spend

Edit: I removed the RadioShack deals, because you can get them on any transaction over $50.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-08-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Wow. I didn't know the Radio Shack terms were so bad. I never shop there, anyway.
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
yea..very disappointing

Quote:
Wow. I didn't know the Radio Shack terms were so bad. I never shop there, anyway.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
yea..very disappointing
Yep; quite bad. The only time I shop at RadioShack is during Black Friday. The coupons would be pretty much worthless to me, since they'd arrive after BF.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #8
jswinden
Nameless Being

As an amateur radio hobbyist I used to love RS way back when--1960s and 1970s. Now it is little more than a large cellular phone kiosk. I cannot go into a RS any more without being annoyed by a sales clerk wanting to upgrade my phone!

Old 11-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #9
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Radio Shack is whaer I just got my Fire HD Spent a little extra for an extra $10 coupon..... this was Tueaday Still havent got the Coupons! Was never told I could only spend the 1 per visit GRRRR & Was Never told they Die on Jan 5th! GRRRR
Old 11-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #10
jswinden
Nameless Being

Just FYI, I saw this in a news article: "Walmart is kicking off Black Friday shopping earlier than ever this year, opening stores at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day."

Old 11-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Just FYI, I saw this in a news article: "Walmart is kicking off Black Friday shopping earlier than ever this year, opening stores at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day."
I saw that too. Pretty soon, they'll have to call it Black Thursday.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I saw that too. Pretty soon, they'll have to call it Black Thursday.
LOL! What about the 24x7x365 stores? Won't they be open all day Thursday? If so I guess the sales won't start until 8:00pm though.

Not that it matters, I'm never adventurous enough to go to a Black Friday/Thursday B&M sale! If I can get the deal online then I will consider it. I really would like an iPod touch 5 if I can get a little back on Apple's ridiculous price. Probably wait until January though.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
LOL! What about the 24x7x365 stores? Won't they be open all day Thursday? If so I guess the sales won't start until 8:00pm though.

Not that it matters, I'm never adventurous enough to go to a Black Friday/Thursday B&M sale! If I can get the deal online then I will consider it. I really would like an iPod touch 5 if I can get a little back on Apple's ridiculous price. Probably wait until January though.
I prefer online also. Did my BF shopping online last year and intend to do the same this year.

Check out the Apple forum. I have a thread there also. Best Buy has the 32GB iPod touch 5 ($299) on sale for $295 + a free $50 gift card. It's a doorbuster and I'm not sure if it'll be available online.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:39 PM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Please see this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=196097

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by dreams; 11-09-2012 at 01:33 PM. Reason: fix link
Closed Thread