Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 08-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
tezmil1
tezmil1 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
google play

Hi all, I have recently downloaded a book on google play on my kobo but it doesnt show up in my library only on google play app.
Does anyone know if it can be transferred to the e reader library and if so then how, Thanks, Terry.
tezmil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
I was curious about this, so I went to the play store myself and selected a free book to check it out. However, the shysters wanted my credit card information anyway, so no deal. What e-book format do the Google books have? I've only read epubs and pdfs using the Vox reader, Overdrive and Aldiko, and Kindle books using the Kindle app. I know that Google Play is weird in that it doesn't download anything per se, but installs apps directly. Maybe you need a Google reader app. I see there is one.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2012, 04:09 AM   #3
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Google books work the same way as kobo books, they default to downloading into the app only, you need to download the EPUB manually if you want it

go to the google store and click on 'My Books'
click into the book and then the how to read tab
scroll down a bit and there is an option to download the EPUB version of the book
paulsalter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
tezmil1
tezmil1 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
thanks for your replies I followed your advice and tried to download epub but it just keeps saying download failed, am I missing something, Thanks terry.
tezmil1 is offline   Reply With Quote