Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-11-2012, 04:46 AM   #1
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
Google Market/Play

From what I've gleaned from the wiki page, it seems that only the old Google Market is installable on the rooted T1. But I've noticed some users mentioning Google Play and it got me confused - is there a version of Play that's usable after all?

When I first rooted my device several weeks ago, Market seemed OK to me, but I returned to some playing around yesterday and now I get the impression that everything points to Play and I can't find anything relevant on the Market anymore. Anyone has better experience? Thanks.
idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
mitchelln
Enthusiast
mitchelln began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1
Easiest way is just to browse and install from the Google Play Store website. You can simply install to the device as long as you have sync turned on. Saves some precious ROM space of the PRS-T1 as well.

It's worth noting that an awful lot of software will not install on the T1, which is probably why a lot of your searches in the actual app are not returning anything.
mitchelln is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchelln View Post
Easiest way is just to browse and install from the Google Play Store website. You can simply install to the device as long as you have sync turned on. Saves some precious ROM space of the PRS-T1 as well.

It's worth noting that an awful lot of software will not install on the T1, which is probably why a lot of your searches in the actual app are not returning anything.
Thanks, that's basically what I was trying to do, but the Play website thinks I have no device and so it doesn't let me do anything. I must be doing something wrong then.

It used to work a few weeks ago, I think I installed some apps through Play website, at least I tried to, because there was so little space. Now I have enough space (went the complicated way and repartitioned), but the Play website doesn't see my device since I rerooted.

I thought it might be the Market app too obsolete now, but there could be another reason why it doesn't work. I did enable "Background data" and "Auto-sync" options as the wiki says, don't know if there is anything else I'm supposed to do.

Update: OK, about half an hour ago I did the old trick and reinstalled the Market app. Right now Google Play decided to communicate with it after all. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by idle; 07-11-2012 at 10:14 AM.
idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #4
mitchelln
Enthusiast
mitchelln began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1
Yes, sorry, I realised that you have to have the Market app installed to sync!
mitchelln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
there are very few apps showing in the Market App inside the PRS-T1

The website version of the Market shows PRS-T1 is
"Your device's content rating filter is incompatible with this item."
even though I've set the filter to "all"

Why is this happened? Is it normal?
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #6
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
Filters on Google Play
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote