Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-14-2008, 06:08 AM   #151
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxxm View Post
have you ever thought about implementing a convertion to the Sony LRF format in your suite? I'd really like to write it myself, but that format is not well documented, and/or relies on some Windows DLL...
That is already done by kovidgoyal in his libprs500. This is documented in threads in the Content sub-section in the Sony Portable Reader forum here.
I started writing Mobiperl inspired by libprs500.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:12 AM   #152
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaapjan View Post
What kind of testbatch of files do you use Tompe? Can you provide me with URL's to them? I am affraid you were right about the images too. Maybe anyway. I discovered that there are many more images in the file then I thought (also JPG's, not only GIF's).
I use for example files found here (the Dickens books with many images are good test books) and I also generated some files with mobigen and I used the Alice in Wonderland example from MobiPockets web page. I have also got some files from people like awz files but these are probably not OK to put up on a web site.
Advert
Old 01-15-2008, 08:22 AM   #153
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Tompe, once a .lit is converted to .mobi is there a way to break the .mobi into its component parts? A mobi2html or something?
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:26 AM   #154
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
Tompe, once a .lit is converted to .mobi is there a way to break the .mobi into its component parts? A mobi2html or something?
Yes.

http://www.ida.liu.se/~tompe/mobiperl/mobi2html.html
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:18 AM   #155
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Duh. Missed that, thanks.
Advert
Old 01-15-2008, 11:29 AM   #156
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

And you now that lit2mobi uses clit internally and the clit exploded files are saved in ctmp in the current dir. When you do the next conversion the ctmp directory is reused. I did it that way because I like to have temporary files left after a conversion because if something went wrong it is easier to debug. Especially it is easier to debug via email...
Old 01-15-2008, 10:11 PM   #157
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I just spent the afternoon and evening converting many, many .lit and .mobi files so that they work nicely on my Kindle. I really like the --prefixtitle for series. Very nice addition. Only problem I found was with files that had spaces in the name. All I had to do was edit the file name and remove the spaces and the files worked just fine.

Many thanks!

Now I want to learn how to add a GUI to your program.....
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:39 AM   #158
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Filenames with spaces should work fine if you put double quotes around the entire filename.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:49 AM   #159
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Filenames with spaces should work fine if you put double quotes around the entire filename.
Yes, that should work. Or you can escape space with \ at least in a Unix system. Please let me know if this do not work and how it fails.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:40 PM   #160
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I only had a handful of files with spaces and already edited them to no spaces so I can't try the double quotes.

I have found many .prc and I think .mobi (not sure) files that do not accept the new titles and authors or at least they don't display on the Kindle. However, if I convert the same book from .lit I don't have that problem. In the future I will only buy .lit whenever possible.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:03 PM   #161
JeffElkins
Guru

Add coverimage

Hello,

I'm trying to add a coverimage to an existing .mobi file:

mobi2mobi mymobi.mobi --coverimage image.jpg mymobi.mobi

Have I got the syntax wrong?
Old 01-18-2008, 04:16 PM   #162
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Try:

mobi2mobi --coverimage image.jpg --outfile newmobi.mobi mymobi.mobi
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:19 PM   #163
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
Hello,

I'm trying to add a coverimage to an existing .mobi file:

mobi2mobi mymobi.mobi --coverimage image.jpg mymobi.mobi

Have I got the syntax wrong?
Yes.

mobi2mobi mymobi.mobi --coverimage image.jpg --outfile newmymobi.mobi

is more correct. If you run non-binary versions you can do "perldoc mobi2mobi" to see the documentation. Otherwise you have to look at the web page.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:45 PM   #164
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Try:

mobi2mobi --coverimage image.jpg --outfile newmobi.mobi mymobi.mobi

Nope, didn't work.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:47 PM   #165
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Yes.

mobi2mobi mymobi.mobi --coverimage image.jpg --outfile newmymobi.mobi

is more correct. If you run non-binary versions you can do "perldoc mobi2mobi" to see the documentation. Otherwise you have to look at the web page.
Nor did this...

Tags
mobi2mobi, mobils