Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-14-2007, 08:54 PM   #1
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Interesting phenomenon reading P-book

In desperation, since I couldn't find it in ebook format, I've been reading a pbook. As the day wore on and my eyes became tired, I kept looking for the "size" button to increase the font size to make the reading easier.

Anyone else experienced this?
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:01 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yes! My eyes are the biggest reason I like e-books.

But I also dislike paper smells, especially older books, so in addition I am happier to "curl up" with a good e-book. It has more of an emotional good feeling for me than paper books. Odd, because most people talk about how they can't give up the emotional attachment to paper.

The main advantage of paper is that I can give it away when I'm done, and that I can take it where I might get it wet or lose it.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2007, 10:56 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I keep looking for the button on the left to turn the page. I feel a bit like the monk in that Xerox commercial that was introduced to a "book."
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:02 AM   #4
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
For me it was taking it up again and it did not keep the page position.
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:10 AM   #5
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post
But I also dislike paper smells, especially older books, so in addition I am happier to "curl up" with a good e-book. It has more of an emotional good feeling for me than paper books. Odd, because most people talk about how they can't give up the emotional attachment to paper.

The main advantage of paper is that I can give it away when I'm done, and that I can take it where I might get it wet or lose it.
I'm with you here. The smell of old books actually makes me sneeze and my eyes water. I've occasionally had library books I've had to return unread. That's especially troubling to me since I'm trying to consume less in general. I want to support and use my local library. The collection of cases and cases of paper books at my house built over the years just gets dustier and smellier as the years go by. The last time I picked up my old copy of the complete works of Shakespeare I had to put it down in five minutes. I really don't want to add to this and see more beloved books become untouchable.

Oh, and the second someone releases a waterproof/bubblebath-proof reader, I will be a very happy woman.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2007, 12:23 AM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Oh, and the second someone releases a waterproof/bubblebath-proof reader, I will be a very happy woman.
Put it in a ziplock bag and be happy!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:57 AM   #7
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
I have had my iLiad not even a month and already read pbooks only if I must. Also change font size often. Thought I would settle on one size but why should I
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:44 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have a very good pbook sitting downstairs waiting for me to read it. But I've been putting it off because what I am reading now is also very good and only available as an ebook. In fact, it is available here on the forum. It's Music of the Spheres. And I'm close to finishing it. About 76 pages left. And once I am done, I'll be posting updated copies with all the corrections I've found.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:58 AM   #9
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Check this post.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:30 PM   #10
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Thanks! I may need to get one of those. Well, as soon as I decide on which reader I want. It's so frustrating right now. There's so much potential but I'm still not quite at that point where I can say any one of them is the reader for me.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:20 PM   #11
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post
Don't I remember a long ago picture on Moblieread of an Iliad in a zip-lock plastic bag so it could read it in the bathtub? Since you only need to hit the scroll bar it works as well (or better) than a p-book.
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:13 PM   #12
hapax legomenon
Erotica Writer
hapax legomenon doesn't litterhapax legomenon doesn't litter

Device: ipad, Sony Reader PRS 505, Cybook 3
I have a same thing with watching TV. I'll push the fast forward button not realizing it's live TV.
hapax legomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:45 PM   #13
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
My hands take to the use of a pbook rather quickly, to me it's to use it with both hands that annoys me then dropping the darn thing and fumbling to find page 'one' again!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:40 AM   #14
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
I agree on the font-size changing. I've been having to wear reading glasses more and more and I hate it. Getting laser eye surgery a few years ago was so that I could stop wearing glasses or contacts (very nearsighted). Now I need reading glasses

As for watching TV, I have gotten so used to my TiVo that if I go to someone else's house to watch TV, I find myself trying to either FF or pause their TV. For some reason, it doesn't work
jbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:36 AM   #15
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I keep trying to rewind the Radio and conversations too. That doesn't work either, by the way, in case anyone was wondering.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote