Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
CoolDragon
Addict
CoolDragon doesn't litterCoolDragon doesn't litter

Device: none
Cannot open a program on the DR800 emulator

I copied the ".desktop" and related files to the virtual SD card on the emulator using scp, inside a newly created folder "Program". With the folder hack, I can go into the "Program" folder and click the shortcut, but then it shows:

The 'Install Chinese Display support' application cannot be opened.
Possibly the application is already open. Close it first and try again.

What does this mean?
CoolDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
CoolDragon
Addict

OK, I figured it out. I have to ssh into the emulator and change the permission of the script file to be executable. Hopefully this is not needed for the real device.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:11 PM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
On the real device you'd just need to make sure it's executable on the SD card, right?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
CoolDragon
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
On the real device you'd just need to make sure it's executable on the SD card, right?
I assume the umask setting when the real device is connected to a host (Windows/Linux/Mac) will by default make the file executable? Or does it keep the original file's mode? Then it's the app creator's job to set the correct mode for each file. I don't know.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDragon View Post
I assume the umask setting when the real device is connected to a host (Windows/Linux/Mac) will by default make the file executable? Or does it keep the original file's mode? Then it's the app creator's job to set the correct mode for each file. I don't know.
I don't know, but should be easy to test.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #6
Mr. X
Connoisseur
Mr. X is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex DR800SG
On the real device the SD card is fat32 formatted, which doesn't have users or permissions at all, so linux treats every file as executable the way it is mounted... On the emulator /media/mmcblk0p1 is just a directory of the root ext2 filesystem so permissions matter.
Mr. X is offline   Reply With Quote