Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-14-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
mgrunk
Zealot
mgrunk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Ignatius Press has e-books to purchase and download

It was a bit difficult to find the list, and I'm not sure it includes everything, but search for e-books and 4 pages are returned. They are in mobipocket format - I assume DRM'ed.

http://www.ignatius.com

sorry - can a moderator correct my spelling in the title? purchase - thanks.

Last edited by mgrunk; 07-14-2009 at 06:00 PM.
mgrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:51 AM   #2
Thrasymachus
Enthusiast
Thrasymachus doesn't litterThrasymachus doesn't litterThrasymachus doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, Astak EZ Reader
I tried searching for "e-books" but came up with nothing, as did "ebooks." But then I noticed on their home page, under Browse, a link for Downloadable, which includes some audiobooks as well as e-books. No mention of DRM anywhere.

However all their e-books currently say "on back order". Oh well. I guess they'll be getting their first shipment in soon.

Last edited by Thrasymachus; 07-15-2009 at 01:54 AM. Reason: More info
Thrasymachus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2009, 11:00 AM   #3
mgrunk
Zealot
mgrunk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I'm not sure of the problem - I typed in e-book this morning in the uppermost left search box and it brought back 4 pages and none of the say "back order" :-)
mgrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:40 AM   #4
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Their list is meagre, but contains a few interesting titles already. One from the (at the time not yet) Pope:

http://www.ignatius.com/viewproduct....ategory_ID=214

Can their DRM'd Mobipocket books be easily converted to a non-DRM format? Or are newer Mobipocket files likely to be resistant to such conversion?

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote