Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #1
Conningcris
Conningcris began at the beginning.

Device: None
Noob question. . .

Just got my iLiad today (yay ) love it, but I can't find (and this is probably my blindness) a go to page __ tool? There is one built in right. . .?
Thank you in advance,
Conningcris
Conningcris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:45 AM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
There is a page bar at the bottom. You can click on that to jump to a page.

I believe there used to be a feature to bring up the keyboard and type in a specific page number, but it's no longer supported (not sure why).
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2009, 10:34 AM   #3
Conningcris

Really, that sucks, when youre reading a book 1000+ pages kind of annoying to use the bar, o well, thanks anyways
Old 06-09-2009, 10:43 AM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Yeah, it's not great. Once you get close you can click on the square with the current page number and it'll switch from the "hash marks" to showing you specific page numbers surrounding your current location. You can use a combination of the two to get close and then fine tune to the page you want. It's kind of a pain though.

Personally, I don't need it that much since I tend to read books and am going through them sequentially anyway. I don't tend to jump around inside a document with the type of reading I do. But if you do that a lot I can see how it would be annoying.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:20 PM   #5
Conningcris

meh, I'll be able to overcome it, it's more for just showing other people passages I like, or single poems in a collection, but I'm sure I'll get used to the bar, just takes time (still love my iLiad)
Advert