Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-01-2009, 03:33 AM   #16
Ikkyu
Ikkyu began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Damn you Americans and your April Follies...
Ikkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:53 AM   #17
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I'm not entirely sure what Barnes & Nobel bring to the table? Long standing customers I guess?

Oh well it's good news for them, good to see at least one bricks and mortar book shop will survive past 2010!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 06:15 AM   #18
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkyu View Post
Damn you Americans and your April Follies...
Luckily, Americans aren't the only people who do April Fools
http://www.smh.com.au/national/amazi...0401-9ix0.html

Last edited by AprilHare; 04-01-2009 at 06:19 AM.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:34 AM   #19
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
And not even only the US and Aus!

One of our ministers had put a motion in to regulate the working hours of the civil servants.

He proposed a working week of a maximum of 168 hours, and certain times during debates (the boring ones) could be marked as break time.

Some people actually started discussing this seriously...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:48 AM   #20
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Well done, NatCh. Sony partnering with Google again. And Barnes & Noble! Millions of books. All in-copyright. DRM Lite. Release date next April 1.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

Hey, this isn't The Llounge, you know.

(what, you mean you're serious??)
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 07:49 AM   #21
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
And not even only the US and Aus!

One of our ministers had put a motion in to regulate the working hours of the civil servants.

He proposed a working week of a maximum of 168 hours, and certain times during debates (the boring ones) could be marked as break time.

Some people actually started discussing this seriously...
I'd like to propose a weekend with a minimum of 168 hours . . . seriously. I need more time available to read.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #22
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
I'd like to propose a weekend with a minimum of 168 hours . . . seriously. I need more time available to read.
Let me know when you run for President, or Queen, or Empress, or ...

Anyway, I'll vote for you.
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:01 AM   #23
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
Let me know when you run for President, or Queen, or Empress, or ...

Anyway, I'll vote for you.
Thank you for your support.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:03 AM   #24
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Thank you for your support.
you've got my support as well. i've been pushing for a 4-day weekend for years, but i like your idea even better.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:15 AM   #25
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good one, NatCh. You had me going. All formal with quotes to real-sounding people. Even a link to the supposed source. Too bad the source isn't there. So it's all a hoax. And right here on the front page of MR! I can't believe they let you get away with this stuff, man!!! But good on ya.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:20 AM   #26
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
It has been mentioned before, that google will work together with Sony to deliver 'free' ebooks.

Would this mean the end of Mobileread.com as far as gutenberg books are concerned?

I mean, if they all will get available through Sony & Google, and now even Barnes & Noble, unless they deliver crappy work, I would think I would no longer be converting ebooks (since they will be reconverted by Sony anyways).

Besides it would only be natural for people to get their books from the Sony store; not many people know mobileread.com, and not many people would give a crap about spending upto $1 per book that has nice layout, versus plain text version books you sometimes find over here (with non original pictures).

Ok,I know there are good books and good formatted books out here too, but if they become available on the sony store, what's the use of still continuing to format books and upload them here,I'd say?

It's both good news to me, but also a bit sad news.
I know some books found here Sony won't be able to format them better! But if they end up looking the same...

Last edited by ProDigit; 04-01-2009 at 09:25 AM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:54 AM   #27
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Is this true or not? Because the headline made me so happy that I jumped for joy.

Gleefully yours,

DixieGal
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:02 AM   #28
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Is this true or not? Because the headline made me so happy that I jumped for joy.

Gleefully yours,

DixieGal
They wouldn't be able to right now. Sony is already partnered with Borders right now, it would be a conflict of interest.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:18 AM   #29
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post

Gleefully yours,

DixieGal
Hey, I suggest that you always listen to cats, DG.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:22 AM   #30
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
You know, hijacking lolcats is nearly as heinous as hijacking threads.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
april fools!, barnes & noble, e-book, ebook, google, google books, reader, sony