Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-20-2009, 10:31 AM   #16
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Actually what it is doing is reversing the screen, it isn't just a black flash but black and white. It is just the largest percentage of the screen is white so you mostly notice a black flash. The black text flashes white. As Jon stated this zeroes out the screen prior to drawing the next page. This is at least my understanding of it.
I think that depends on which device you have. Some of them flash black, some of them flash a reverse image... etc. It's not specific to the eInk screen, but more a controller/software choice depending on what brand of reader you have.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:12 PM   #17
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
That's where they hide the subliminal messages.
You're right. No wonder I started smoking cigarettes the other day. I never used to.....

thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #18
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by thibaulthalpern View Post
You're right. No wonder I started smoking cigarettes the other day. I never used to.....

Hehe, that's funny.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:04 PM   #19
palex481
Connoisseur
palex481 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505
Why is it that the Kindle doesn't flash all the time? sometimes I just change the page and there is no flash.
palex481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:13 PM   #20
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by palex481 View Post
Why is it that the Kindle doesn't flash all the time? sometimes I just change the page and there is no flash.
I just noticed that yesterday. The Kindle only flashes on every other turn. At least, that is the way my K1 works.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert