Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #1
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Make the Edge menu bar closable

That menu bar at the bottom should be closable. (is that a real word?, anyway you know what I mean)

Old 04-07-2010, 06:08 PM   #2
omagedon
Edge User

I think you mean to hide it or close it? It would be awesome that we can either hide or close it temporarily. Since, its kinda sucks when you are browsing and you can't see the whole screen since the dock is blocking it.

Last edited by omagedon; 04-07-2010 at 06:10 PM.

Advert
Old 04-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #3
dcubed2
Edge User

Sometimes mine does disappear, though I don't know why or how to do it on purpose. Then, it comes back as suddenly as it left, still leaving me clueless.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
ckole
Edge User

Having a small version would be nice. Windows does this of course. Some of the stuff just does not scale well. I think the fonts in the library could be a lot smaller to.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:08 AM   #5
VenturingSoul
Edge User

YES!!!!
That would be a nice touch. The buttons on that menu bar are waaaay to big, imo.

Advert
Old 04-08-2010, 08:24 AM   #6
Leadlight
Edge User

It would be nice.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #7
kenjennings
Edge User

Yes. Ditto. That big-wide-fat-tall menu at the bottom of the screen should be close-able/hide-able/collapse-able.

Is this something specific to edge or common to Android? Can anyone with an Android phone say if it has a constantly present icon bar at the bottom?

Old 04-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #8
dcubed2
Edge User

Doesn't everyone's menu bar go away sometimes? I haven't figured out how to do it on purpose, but it does completely disappear while I'm surfing the web on Dolphin. Well, at least sometimes. I've had the entire screen dedicated to the web page, no notification bar either. No tabs. But, I don't know HOW to make it happen, it just does - sometimes. Then the menu and/or the notification bar comes back. So, I think this would be easy to make happen with a software tweek.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #9
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Android phone Bar

The bottom bar on my G1 is a pull up tab like the window shade. That is where the apps links are located. Pushing the menu button opens a small menu with settings, search, notifications add (which opens the menu for adding to the screen) and wallpaper

Old 04-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #10
kenjennings
Edge User

Yes, sometimes it does go away for some apps.

It would be nicer if there was some kind of touch-to-toggle control, or a dragging tab to raise/lower it.

Or maybe if it only appeared on the home screen it would make sense. Actually, if all those icons were simply dumped on the home screen "desktop" then the menu bar isn't necessary.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #11
devseev
Edge User

If you double-tap inside the Dolphin web browser, the bottom menu bar disappears and you can browse full screen. I do think, however, that it would be useful to have the ability to remove (AND MODIFY) the menu bar at the bottom of the screen at will.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #12
fibrou
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjennings View Post
Yes, sometimes it does go away for some apps.

It would be nicer if there was some kind of touch-to-toggle control, or a dragging tab to raise/lower it.

Or maybe if it only appeared on the home screen it would make sense. Actually, if all those icons were simply dumped on the home screen "desktop" then the menu bar isn't necessary.
Allowing one to simply place those icons on the home screen is the answer. That bar takes too much real estate.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:12 PM   #13
henry_moh
Edge User

I think the manu bar should be put to the LCD side. haha

Old 05-07-2010, 12:12 PM   #14
10tklz
Edge User

I agree, the menu bar should be editable. I would like it to be smaller, to be vanishable, and I'd like to change which apps are accessed by it.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #15
rakista
Edge User

Yeah who uses an email reader anyways, nowadays?