Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 01-08-2004, 07:35 AM   #1
melvynadam
Connoisseur
melvynadam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone, iPad
NewsWeek & JPost Settings anyone?

Hi, I'm on day two of my iSilo trial but am already converted - I've uninstalled avantgo and mobipocket and love this application! However, I've been unable to setup two of the sites I used to read with MobiPocket:

Newsweek (www.newsweek.com)
The Jerusalem Post (www.jpost.com)

Are there any iSilo users on these forums that can help me with setting these up?

Thanks in advance,
Melvyn
Old 01-08-2004, 08:08 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Melvyn,

I am happy to hear that you like iSilo as much as most of us do. Here is the deal: Both Newsweek and JP don't offer free mobile-optimized websites. At least in the case of JP I know that there is a mobile-optimized website, but it is not free and access can only be acquired through Roundpoint. I am not a fan of Roundpoint. If you know how to use a Java Debugger, there are ways how to find out the prescription url which you can directly use with iSilo. However, for obvious reasons I am not going into more details here...

Mobipocket on the other hand uses its more advanced script language to convert standard web sites (such as http://www.jpost.com) to mobile-optimized ones. Unfortunately, iSilo doesn't have this functionality yet.

I will keep you in touch as soon as I come up with a solution!

Alex
Old 01-08-2004, 10:39 AM   #3
melvynadam
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
Melvyn,
I will keep you in touch as soon as I come up with a solution!
Alex
Thanks very much. Another site I left out of my original post is Fox News (www.foxnews.com). Anyone have any tips on making that work with iSilo?

Thanks again,
Melvyn
Old 04-10-2004, 07:07 AM   #4
gamblec
gamblec began at the beginning.

Hi

I'd like to subscribe to the Irish Independent (www.unison.ie/irish_independent/) which uses Roundpoint. However, I'd like to be able to download it using iSilo. I don't know how to use a Java Debugger so I'm hoping someone else can provide me with the necessary settings. Can anyone help please?

Thanks
Colin
Old 07-21-2004, 03:27 PM   #5
melvynadam
Connoisseur

Any further ideas on this would be appreciated folks.