Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
Seanette
Addict
Seanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-books

Device: Samsung Galaxy s3 (Android 4.4.2), iPad 2, Win10 laptop
Super-slow conversion, system crash?

I've been fighting with two Mobi files all afternoon (both have .prc extensions, both came straight from Mobipocket's web site) to convert them to ePub. At one point, the 2.5mb file (a thesaurus) had been churning for over an hour, was stuck at 47%, and I'd lost mouse and keyboard response (had to force-reboot the system).

I'm on 0.7.28, wondering if I need to revert to 0.7.26?
Seanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:07 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Dictionaries are tricky to convert, and, at best, give a rather useless result (a book with the wordlist in it...). Just ignore the thesaurus and convert the other book, unless that's a dictionary as well.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2010, 07:35 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanette View Post
At one point, the 2.5mb file (a thesaurus) had been churning for over an hour, was stuck at 47%
It wasn't stuck it was still processing the file. I've had some conversions take 6-7 hours. Viewing the job details window lets you know things are still moving along.

Quote:
I'd lost mouse and keyboard response (had to force-reboot the system).
If you don't want the conversion taking up all your resources then you can fix it by going to Preferences - Behavior and change Job priority from normal to low. This is how I run things so my core-2 Duo processor remains responsive.

Quote:
I'm on 0.7.28, wondering if I need to revert to 0.7.26?
This isn't new, any of the last 20 versions will produce the same results when converting that file.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote