Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-29-2008, 12:55 AM   #1
roffles
roffles began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
converting to lrf with libprs500

Hi, I've been messing around with this tool and I was just wondering, is it necessary to convert all my txt/rtf files to lrf? Is there any benefit to doing this, I was just curious.
roffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:30 AM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by roffles View Post
Hi, I've been messing around with this tool and I was just wondering, is it necessary to convert all my txt/rtf files to lrf? Is there any benefit to doing this, I was just curious.
Try this experiment. Take one of your txt files and convert it to LRF and add it to your reader. Then add the unconverted txt file to your reader. Compare them. If one looks better then the other, that's the one you should choose.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2008, 01:53 AM   #3
roffles
roffles began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Try this experiment. Take one of your txt files and convert it to LRF and add it to your reader. Then add the unconverted txt file to your reader. Compare them. If one looks better then the other, that's the one you should choose.
Well they both look more or less the same, but I was wondering in terms of say loading/battery life is there any advantage to one format over the other?
roffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:36 AM   #4
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I did a quick experiment converting a txt file to lrf. The txt files was 959kb, the resulting lrf file was about half the size at 468kb. This tells me that the lrf format is more efficient and could result in better battery life and faster loading. The difference is probably negligible though.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote