Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #241
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Ho ho ho!

That's ok, I've come to accept my lot as "random elf." (And reading about Death playing the Hogfather in Terry Pratchett's novel of the same name rather cured me of the idea.)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:06 AM   #242
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
all right, well as long as you're not pining away (for the fjords...).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #243
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nope, just resting.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #244
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Nope, just resting.

(see, this is why i loves ya, neko-chan !)
Old 07-07-2008, 12:03 PM   #245
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Ho ho ho!

That's ok, I've come to accept my lot as "random elf." (And reading about Death playing the Hogfather in Terry Pratchett's novel of the same name rather cured me of the idea.)
Terry Pratchett wrote a book called Terry Pratchett????

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #246
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post

JJ
pffft
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #247
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Code:
UNABLE TO RESOLVE SYNTACTIC REFERENCE
ABORTING....
EXECUTING SILLY REMARK ROUTINE....
DONE
Old 07-07-2008, 01:43 PM   #248
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Code:
ABORTING....
DONE
reason number 427 why we love nekokami.

(oh, and i'm adding that to the list of things i want on a t-shirt, by the way.)
Old 07-07-2008, 01:57 PM   #249
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Code:
ABORTING....
DONE
Hey if you cant laugh with me, Laugh at me (that sounded better in my head)

JJ
¿

Last edited by jerryleejr; 07-07-2008 at 02:03 PM.
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:58 PM   #250
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety
That's the sort of thing that reminds me of those few teachers I had growing up who would beat you down with a ruler if you did anything creative. I actually had a few fingers broken by one with whom I bumped heads about my handwriting. That was 3rd grade ... I didn't WANT my handwriting to look like the stuff up on the board ... I WANTED IT TO LOOK DIFFERENT.

I got a D in handwriting in 4th grade. My future was sealed in that moment...

What is it with 4th grade teachers and handwriting? Mine gave me a frowny face and told me to stop writing cursive and just stick with printing.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #251
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Quote:

What is it with 4th grade teachers and handwriting? Mine gave me a frowny face and told me to stop writing cursive and just stick with printing.
Well, I had a theory back then. I decided that they had too many Nazi war criminals to fill up the prisons, so they trained them to be handwriting teachers and sent them to the US. The overflow they trained as gym teachers ....

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #252
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety
That's the sort of thing that reminds me of those few teachers I had growing up who would beat you down with a ruler if you did anything creative. I actually had a few fingers broken by one with whom I bumped heads about my handwriting. That was 3rd grade ... I didn't WANT my handwriting to look like the stuff up on the board ... I WANTED IT TO LOOK DIFFERENT.

I got a D in handwriting in 4th grade. My future was sealed in that moment...

They wanted to have more women in the engineering ranks!
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:25 PM   #253
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Well, I had a theory back then. I decided that they had too many Nazi war criminals to fill up the prisons, so they trained them to be handwriting teachers and sent them to the US. The overflow they trained as gym teachers ....

Ahhh ... gym teachers ...... Yes, that explains a lot!! Gym was the only subject that I got less than an A in. (Although, perhaps just saying that explains why I wasn't fit enough to get an A in gym!)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:31 PM   #254
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Ahhh ... gym teachers ...... Yes, that explains a lot!! Gym was the only subject that I got less than an A in. (Although, perhaps just saying that explains why I wasn't fit enough to get an A in gym!)
Over the years the classes/courses I got less than an A in were as follows:

1. Handwriting;
2. Gym;
3. Home Economics; and
4. Typing.

I actually failed Home Ec because I just stopped showing up for class ... I hated it that much.

When it came time to graduate from high school, someone noticed that I had an "F" on my records .... and they simply made it "go away." I didn't ask anyone to do that .... but the powers that be simply disappeared it. Poof.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #255
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Was it "Social Studies"? There was a class, I admit I never really knew what it was "about". We did strange things, like study advertising, invent products and present little skits of commercials, make collages... I really don't know what the class was called. But the female teacher hated men/boys. Is there a counterpart to "misogyny"? Every assignment was a "group" assignment, and yet she gave out individual grades. Invariably, in my group I did 100% of the work, got a D+, while the girls in the same group got A's. That class became my "study hall", where I did all the homework for my other classes, because I knew no matter what I did, I was flunking anyway, so might as well leave my after school hours homework free, right?
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, unutterable silliness