Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-28-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
Prospect
Other
Prospect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Kindle
HTML (inluding linked files) to Mobi?

I can't find any tool that would include linked files:

I have tried Mobipocket Creator v4.2: Even if the all files are in the same local directory there are build errors "Hyperlink not resolved" followed by the the (correct!) local path for the file

I have tried Html2Mobi (excellent work tompe!) but as far as I can see no support for links.

Is there a tool to perform this task?

What I would like is to be able to read it on my Cybook, so any other format read by this device would do.

Last edited by Prospect; 01-28-2008 at 03:45 PM. Reason: typo
Prospect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospect View Post
I can't find any tool that would include linked files:

I have tried Mobipocket Creator v4.2: Even if the all files are in the same local directory there are build errors "Hyperlink not resolved" followed by the the (correct!) local path for the file

I have tried Html2Mobi (excellent work tompe!) but as far as I can see no support for links.
It is on the todo list of possible things to add to html2mobi...

Maybe web2lrf can give one html file as a result? Or maybe there are some other tools out there for this.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If you only have a few e-books to convert, try editing a single-HTML .opf file to include a list of the HTML files - then run mobicreator or opf2mobi. You can also check the .opf file by opening it in FBReader.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:27 PM   #4
Prospect
Other
Prospect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Kindle
I later discovered that Mobipocket Creator v4.2 will include linked HTML files in the publication if I drag them into the publication before I build. If I place the index file first it works smothly. (I now have a complete set of the of statutes of Norway on my Cybook - sweet!)

Last edited by Prospect; 01-30-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Prospect is offline   Reply With Quote