Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-29-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Question Converting Once for Multiple Devices & An Add'l Question...

I will be receiving a new Kindle Fire for Christmas and I plan to also continue using my Kindle PW2 (I don't see myself taking the Fire to school with me).

Each device has its own "Output Profile", due to a difference in screen size, listed under "Convert Books".

Is there a way for me to have Calibre convert for both devices at the same time by default?
Would setting up a Virtual Library for the books going to my Fire help?

Also, is the current Kindle Fire output profile set for the Fire HD 6 Tablet?

TIA
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 05:32 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I use the tablet profile. Profiles are just there so Calibre knows the screen size for reducing the size of images. The tablet setting leaves the images the original size.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2014, 06:44 PM   #3
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I use the tablet profile. Profiles are just there so Calibre knows the screen size for reducing the size of images. The tablet setting leaves the images the original size.
Doesn't that mean that the images then look disproportional, uncentered and/or incomplete if the original size is not compatible with a devices screen?

I'm sure a map drawn for a standard iPad would look completely wrong, or end up on two separate pages, on a Kindle PW2 without being resized for a smaller screen.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:32 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Doesn't that mean that the images then look disproportional, uncentered and/or incomplete if the original size is not compatible with a devices screen?

I'm sure a map drawn for a standard iPad would look completely wrong, or end up on two separate pages, on a Kindle PW2 without being resized for a smaller screen.
I've never had a problem. The larger images scale down nicely. The code for the eBooks will handle making sure the images fit on screen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:59 PM   #5
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've never had a problem. The larger images scale down nicely. The code for the eBooks will handle making sure the images fit on screen.
Oh, okay. Thank you.
Advert