Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #271
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Please describe how that problem manifests. I can't imagine what could go wrong. Except wrong scaling or the VNC server offering only a part of the screen (or the viewer displaying only a part of it). But VNC should be independent of showed content.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:34 AM   #272
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
uppy downy on the arrows would possibly move where you are on a webpage. Did you try that?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #273
godblessfq
godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.

Device: kindle dxg
Thank you Hawhill and Twobob,
I find the problem is with the virtual monitor Zone Screen driver. After changing the mapping area to my physical monitor, all webpages display normally.
It might be not a bad idea to make kindle vnc viewer support scaling, as many small screens have low resolutions.
godblessfq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #274
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To be honest, the VNC viewer isn't on the top of my priorities list right now. But I'll try to remember it if I go back to it.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #275
bbhuston
Enthusiast
bbhuston began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW; kindle DX; Sony DPT-S1
I have an open thread that details a problem that I am having with the KindleVNCviewer hack (see link; plenty of screenshots). If anyone knowledgeable with the hack has a spare moment, would you mind checking out my thread? Any troubleshooting advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ben
bbhuston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #276
linkedparker
linkedparker began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
hi, hawhill
i try to modify config.lua to config my keys on kindle3
but i can't found "window" key in this file , how can i config the "window" key for kindle3 .
ps, my os is windows 7
linkedparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #277
hawhill
Wizard

Hi, I think it's XK_Super_L or XK_Hyper_L.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:28 AM   #278
SZERO
SZERO is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.SZERO is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.SZERO is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.SZERO is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.SZERO is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.SZERO is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.SZERO is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.SZERO is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.SZERO is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.SZERO is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.SZERO is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kindle touch
Is there any version for kindle touch?I tried to use putty to launch it and the image of computer appeared on the screen,but the image inverted the colors and it could't synchronise with the image displayed on the computer monitor.In addition the screen displayed in portrait mode not in landscape mode.
Thanks a lot.
SZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:46 AM   #279
linkedparker
linkedparker began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Hi, I think it's XK_Super_L or XK_Hyper_L.
It worked!!!
Thasnks for your great job!!!
linkedparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #280
bobbens
bobbens began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 nt
I tried this and I have to say. This finally got my kindle doing what I originally wanted to: that is run anki on it. I did a short video on the results and have to say they are awesome on my kindle 4 nt which you can see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THuLv2IFLW0 . If anybody is interested I can post changes done. Mainly you need two plugins for anki I made (to allow the 5 button to answer and show answers) and another to change the focus, additionally with a custom config.lua for the kindle 4 NT. Still haven't ironed all the issues yet (undo seems to not work yet), but it's very promising. Thanks a bunch!
bobbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #281
Ollonk
Ollonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle 4
I'm looking to get a kindle for the sole purpose of using it as an eye-friendly way to read from my desktop PC.

Which e-ink kindles are compatible with this VNC viewer? I don't want to buy one that won't be compatible.

Last edited by Ollonk; 01-28-2013 at 06:14 PM. Reason: reworded a little
Ollonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #282
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollonk View Post
I'm looking to get a kindle for the sole purpose of using it as an eye-friendly way to read from my desktop PC.

Which e-ink kindles are compatible with this VNC viewer? I don't want to buy one that won't be compatible.
With enough love you can get it working on most of them. wifi on the DX rules it out as a "good" option. older than a 2 would be a big ask.

Other than that you should be golden I reckon.

So. Kindle. Something from this decade.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #283
Ollonk
Ollonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle 4
Thanks for the info! The tutorials that I saw all specified the DX as being capable, so it's good to know that I can just use version 2 -4. I'm looking for something on the cheap, so if eBay fails me, I can get a $69 from Amazon.

I have classes that are non-downloadable e-text only available from a Flash-Player interface. I expect to have these kinds of classes for two more years, so I wanted to make the investment. Thanks again!
Ollonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #284
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollonk View Post
Thanks for the info! The tutorials that I saw all specified the DX as being capable, so it's good to know that I can just use version 2 -4. I'm looking for something on the cheap, so if eBay fails me, I can get a $69 from Amazon.

I have classes that are non-downloadable e-text only available from a Flash-Player interface. I expect to have these kinds of classes for two more years, so I wanted to make the investment. Thanks again!
You would probably be better served (no pun intended) by a K4 or K5 than a DX -
Smaller screen but faster processor.

Also check the threads of this forum - I seem to recall that someone built one of the Open Source Flash Players.
I.E: If you can find that here - you might be able to skip the PC completely.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #285
twobob

Like I said. DX is not a great choice as the networking lets it down for the task you described. I've used the 3 for in the bath or at the piano. that would be my choice I think for that scenario. KNC is right about the fast processor of course and I don't know about the 2i personally but I hear it's the same family as the 3 / DX so would probably pass muster.

I would go for one with wifi.

Gnash is the player.

Tags
application, kindle, source, viewer, vnc