Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
Joseph R
Zealot
Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kobo Glo HD
Kobo Glo Issues With Mac

I took advantage of a sale at Best Buy (Free Sleepcover with a new Kobo Glo) and pulled the trigger. However, I am having issues getting my Kobo recognized by my Mac. When I connect it with a USB cable ( I have tried many different ones), My Mac (MBP 15" retina OSX 10.8.3) does not recognize it as a valid drive : "The file system is not readable."

I have contact Kobo about it. They took my information down and my screenshots.

As anyone else had that issue? If so, was it solved?

I kept the receipt nearby, just in case.

I know that there is another thread about it : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=kobo+glo+mac But it's quite old and outdated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-05-11 at 3.45.49 PM.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	557.4 KB
ID:	105787  

Last edited by Joseph R; 05-11-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Joseph R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Do you have another computer you can attach it to, just to see if that one recognizes it? At least then you can attribute it to a computer issue vs. a Kobo issue.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I've had no problems at all using my Glo with my Mac (also on 10.8.3). If you've also tried using a different USB port as well as various cables, I'd be taking it back to the shop for an exchange.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
No problems here, either.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
Joseph R
Zealot
Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for all the replies!

Guess the one I have is a dud!
Old 05-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have you tried a factory reset and/or a reformat of the mounted drive? Either it fixes it, or you were going to be returning it in any case for a replacement....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #7
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph R View Post
Guess the one I have is a dud!
No way to be sure until you try it on a different computer. It could simply be a driver issue.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #8
Joseph R
Zealot

PeterT

I did, but no changes: Still cannot read it.

pidgeon92

It works fine on my Windows PC when I tried it this morning. I figure it's something with the Mac, either USB ports or software related.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #9
pidgeon92
Wizard

I see you use calibre. I'm curious as to whether calibre can see the Kobo?
Old 05-13-2013, 12:35 AM   #10
Joseph R
Zealot

On the Mac, No. On the PC, no issue there.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #11
pidgeon92
Wizard

Do you have an SD card in the Kobo?
Old 05-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #12
Joseph R
Zealot

Yes, I do. That is what I am using to put epubs on it.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #13
pidgeon92
Wizard

Have you tried removing the card and checking if the Mac can mount the Kobo drive without the SD card involved?
Old 05-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #14
Joseph R
Zealot

I did with the SD card and without and launched the disk utility: these are my results:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-05-13 at 9.32.04 PM.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	477.4 KB
ID:	105866   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-05-13 at 9.38.01 PM.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	490.8 KB
ID:	105867  
Old 05-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #15
kevenv
Enthusiast
kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
It recognizes your Kobo reader just fine from the looks of it. The problem was/is your uSD card. Did you repair it?
kevenv is offline   Reply With Quote