Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Foxit eSlick now with eReader and DRM-free ePub

As noted by Musicman, Firmware Update 2.0 Build 1130 is now available:

Quote:
The free eSlick 2.0 Build 1130 Firmware Update includes some fantastic new features and has enhanced many of the features from previous firmware updates.

EPUB Support
Foxit eSlick now supports EPUB format, which is an XML-based format for reflowable digital books and publications. Now you can download EPUB eBooks onto your eSlick and the text will automatically display in an optimized format to fit the screen size.

PDB (commonly known as eReader) Support
Foxit eSlick now also supports eReader format, which is widely accepted by several software formats. eReader format is commonly used on mobile devices.

Image Support
Supports viewing image files in GIF, EMP, JPEG, and PNG format.

On-screen Virtual Keyboard
With this on-screen keyboard, you can use your navigation buttons to enter alphanumeric data in any text environment, including password entering and folder naming.

Working with Folders
eSlick now allows users to fully interact with a folder management system, enabling you to create a new folder as well as copy, move, and delete folders.

My Bookmark
A useful feature that empowers users to add customized bookmarks when reading PDFs, helping users to quickly return to marked pages to resume their readings.

Rendering Text in Landscape Mode
Now the text files can be rendered in landscape mode which allows you to view the screen horizontally.
The eReader support includes the credit card number based DRM, but ePub is DRM-free only. There is (unfortunately) the possibility of Foxit-specific ePub DRM, see http://forums.foxitsoftware.com/show...7&postcount=18.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:16 AM   #2
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Thanks for the heads up on this. Time for me to blow the dust off of my eslick. Hopefully this update will make me change my mind about the reader.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2009, 01:48 AM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Interesting that they support the eReader DRM but not ePub DRM from Adobe. Perhaps they are not using the ADE SDK.... considering they write their own PDF rendering SDK I guess that would make some sense.

This then should support the B&N (nook) DRM also right?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:57 AM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
This then should support the B&N (nook) DRM also right?
Perhaps they can license B&N DRM for ePub, but I doubt this is included at present.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:35 AM   #5
llreader
Mesmerist
llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 Silver. Much nicer than I expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
Thanks for the heads up on this. Time for me to blow the dust off of my eslick. Hopefully this update will make me change my mind about the reader.

Ellen
I would be interested in hearing more. I don't know anything about the eSlick, but I love Foxit Reader, they make the best PDF reading software I have ever used.
llreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 05:14 AM   #6
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Perhaps they can license B&N DRM for ePub, but I doubt this is included at present.
Adobe said that B&N DRM will be included in the next version of the mobile SDK.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote