Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-07-2016, 11:25 AM   #1
darishoward
darishoward began at the beginning.

Device: none
77% off coupon for Best Indie Book Award Winnner

Winner of Best Indie book award. 77% off coupon ZS75B for price of $1.49 use at https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/385889
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SuperCowboyBIBAwinner.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	147645  
darishoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:27 AM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Ok I must ask, who does this award and how much was the entry fee?
I have a total confusion on your book.
What is the title? What is the genre? And why if it is such a great book is it only on Smashwords?

I have been following the indie authors for a while. I have never heard of that particular award.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 04-07-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:45 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
It appears that authors must PAY MONEY - $50 - to enter this contest for each title they submit.

Submit 10 ebooks and the cost is $500.
Submit 100 ebooks and the cost is $5,000.

DISCLAIMER: I have no interest in any capacity, in any way whatsoever, in any known or unknown universe - whether it be in a another dimension or one yet to be created by me or by someone else - with this this service company.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-07-2016 at 06:17 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:21 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
It appears that authors must PAY MONEY - $50 - to enter this contest for each title they submit.

Submit 10 ebooks and the cost is $500.
Submit 100 ebooks and the cost is $5,000.

DISCLAIMER: I have no interest in any capacity, in any way whatsoever, in any known or unknown universe - whether it be in a another dimension or one yet to be created by me or by someone else - with this this service company.
Thanks Don. Pretty much what I figured. The more titles you submit, the greater your chances of getting "Best Indie" on one of them.
Or in other words, give us money and we will give you an award.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:35 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Thanks Don. Pretty much what I figured. The more titles you submit, the greater your chances of getting "Best Indie" on one of them.
Or in other words, give us money and we will give you an award.

I wish to make it clear, however, that I pulled those figures (10 and 100) out of thin air to show what this company can potentially make.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:11 PM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I wish to make it clear, however, that I pulled those figures (10 and 100) out of thin air to show what this company can potentially make.

I figured that much.
And the bad part is: they will make the money because there are authors that believe any award will lead to sales.

Maybe I am just too jaded anymore.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:08 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I figured that much.
And the bad part is: they will make the money because there are authors that believe any award will lead to sales.

Maybe I am just too jaded anymore.

Then that makes two of us.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:47 AM   #8
darishoward
darishoward began at the beginning.

Device: none
The award can be seen at http://bestindiebookaward.com/. It does cost $50, and like was said, a person can enter as many books as desired. There are only 9 categories, so only nine winners. I only entered one book, which has also won lots of other awards, so if it wins against those who put in a lot, that is great. [Promotional text deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-08-2016 at 10:24 AM.
darishoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:40 AM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darishoward View Post
The award can be seen at http://bestindiebookaward.com/. It does cost $50, and like was said, a person can enter as many books as desired. There are only 9 categories, so only nine winners. I only entered one book, which has also won lots of other awards, so if it wins against those who put in a lot, that is great. [Promotional text deleted - MODERATOR]
Glad you have won other awards because that best indie award isn't worth the bytes it uses.
Anytime a website has award in the name it is usually a scam.
I also noticed the only promotional sites they use are little bitty ones.
I looked at last year's winners. No big indie names there.
Not even any mid listers.
Oh wait, I think I remember Julie talking about this award.
Can I recommend you check out Bardsandsages.com?
She usually knows about all the indie awards.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:46 AM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

The category for this title from our new member (for those who would like to investigate further), is in the "Mainstream Category."