Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #61
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I have noticed (it may be the same problem as JS has)
I select text that includes the whole line (of letters)
I use the Search Icon to open the S&R. The search FAILS to even find the original line, until I remove the last (EOL?) invisible character in the search box.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I have noticed (it may be the same problem as JS has)
I select text that includes the whole line (of letters)
I use the Search Icon to open the S&R. The search FAILS to even find the original line, until I remove the last (EOL?) invisible character in the search box.
Yes, it's the same bug.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #63
dicknskip
Zealot
dicknskip began at the beginning.

Device: iPad V-3
I have seen this for a long time. If you select something with a line end in it and do ctrl-c then ctrl-f it fails. If you do ctrl-c and then ctrl-v into the search field it works.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #64
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
This is because the line separator is being converted in one case and not in the other. This seems to have been the same in 0.6.2/Qt4.

If you use Ctrl-F to select text and put it into the Find box (you don't need Ctrl-C first), then the end of line is being inserted as the unicode paragraph separator character 
. When you Ctrl-C Ctrl-V the text into the Find box, it ends up using the unicode line feed character 0a or \n. And when you actually do a search the text being compared against must be using a line feed as the separator. So in one case they match and in the other they don't.

There was a similar issue with Tokenising not picking up the paragraph separator character which was fixed. Its not clear if this is a bug in Qt that we need to work around, or a consequence of the way we get the text from the editor, or something else.

In any case, it looks like we need to automatically convert the paragraph separators into line feeds whenever we're comparing text.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #65
dicknskip
Zealot
dicknskip began at the beginning.

Device: iPad V-3
Thanks for the rapid response, as usual. I figured it was something like that and just got used to the work around. It'll probably take the old mind a few months to do it the correct way, if it can be fixed. Awesome product - thanks to all involved.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #66
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
This is because the line separator is being converted in one case and not in the other. This seems to have been the same in 0.6.2/Qt4.

If you use Ctrl-F to select text and put it into the Find box (you don't need Ctrl-C first), then the end of line is being inserted as the unicode paragraph separator character 
. When you Ctrl-C Ctrl-V the text into the Find box, it ends up using the unicode line feed character 0a or \n. And when you actually do a search the text being compared against must be using a line feed as the separator. So in one case they match and in the other they don't.

There was a similar issue with Tokenising not picking up the paragraph separator character which was fixed. Its not clear if this is a bug in Qt that we need to work around, or a consequence of the way we get the text from the editor, or something else.

In any case, it looks like we need to automatically convert the paragraph separators into line feeds whenever we're comparing text.
I hope this is on the top of the priority list for 0.7.1 (even if this is all that's fixed).
Old 02-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #67
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Correcting Semantics Error

If I intend to mark a file as TITLE PAGE and actually select Table of Contents and go back and correct the selection, the change does not appear in the opf.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #68
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
If I intend to mark a file as TITLE PAGE and actually select Table of Contents and go back and correct the selection, the change does not appear in the opf.
Actually, the change "half" appears in the OPF (at least with my experimentation). The type attribute is changed to "title-page", but the title attribute stays as "Table Of Contents".

Initially:
Code:
<reference href="Text/title-page.html" title="Table Of Contents" type="toc"/>
After changing to Title Page (using context Semantics in Book Browser):
Code:
<reference href="Text/title-page.html" title="Table Of Contents" type="title-page"/>
Unchecking the incorrect semantic (which removes the reference entry from the guide entirely) before assigning the correct one seems to be a workaround.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #69
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Possible addition to code editor

Is this possible or have I just missed another gem?

Highlight a section of code and mark as a BLOCK. This would allow global regex changes to the block only. This would, for instance, allow a contiguous section of code to have all <p> tags changed to <div> without bothering any code outside of the block. Many other uses also.

This would simplify the formatting of poetry, letters, and other quotes.

I admit that this will primarily be for Kindle display.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #70
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
This would be a very useful feature for changing the formatting of just one table instead of all of them...or confining the damage of searching and replacing to a small enough area to be fixable. Be nice if the replace all and its changing of end tags could work in this confined area too.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #71
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thumbs up

(?named) Markers tags, (sort of like bookmarks, but encompasses a range of text) would be needed. They would only be used by Sigil, and ignored by normal readers. ie Comments <--
These could have many uses including S&R
Mode: x Marker='foo' Down
Old 03-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #72
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I have been missing the ability to F/R in "Selected Text" instead of just current document, selected files, or all html. That is a very useful feature.

I'm not sure why you would need persistent markers - you could use the begin-highlight and end-highlight as the limits...
Old 03-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #73
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
I have been missing the ability to F/R in "Selected Text" instead of just current document, selected files, or all html. That is a very useful feature.

I'm not sure why you would need persistent markers - you could use the begin-highlight and end-highlight as the limits...
The reason I suggested markers (Persistant could be optional), was Find uses selected text ). This way, there is no confusion
Old 03-02-2013, 10:26 PM   #74
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Find uses selected text )
I'm not sure I follow. When I use F/R (or just Find) with a section of text selected, the search is not restricted to just within that selected text. It starts it's search AFTER the selected text and uses the Current File/All HTML Files/Selected Files/Wrap drop downs to determine where it goes when it reaches the end of file.

I'm confused....
Old 03-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #75
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
I'm not sure I follow. When I use F/R (or just Find) with a section of text selected, the search is not restricted to just within that selected text. It starts it's search AFTER the selected text and uses the Current File/All HTML Files/Selected Files/Wrap drop downs to determine where it goes when it reaches the end of file.

I'm confused....
If you select text, the click replace and find next, it includes the original selected text
(IIRC Wordstar used range markers when limiting. WS only worked on 1 document)
Closed Thread