Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #271
piper28
Zealot
piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Ok, I thought I was ok with this new format but GEESH! What I want to know is why when I move a book from Wish List to Hold, doesn't the application automatically remove the book from the Wish List.
It didn't with the old system either, so at least it's consistent with the old behaviour.
piper28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #272
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Ok, I thought I was ok with this new format but GEESH! What I want to know is why when I move a book from Wish List to Hold, doesn't the application automatically remove the book from the Wish List.

The program should be smart enough to do this. Did Overdrive secure any ACTUAL customers before making these idiotic changes? Hell, they could have secured a boatload of users here at MR for usability beta testing.

Not liking this new app!
At this point I be happy with just removing the book from the wish. As of now I have to go to book details to do this. Remove from Wishlist is not working.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #273
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Did Overdrive secure any ACTUAL customers before making these idiotic changes? Hell, they could have secured a boatload of users here at MR for usability beta testing.

Not liking this new app!
I am 100% sure that they did not do any real user testing. Probably outsourced testing to people in a technology center instead of getting input from people who a) read ebooks and listen to audiobooks for pleasure, and b) borrow ebooks and audiobooks from US libraries.

I guess being somewhat of a monopoly makes them feel comfortable with this type of "upgrade", and the fact that Mike @ Overdrive never came back says a lot as well.

Maybe we should start complaining to the libraries instead of to them. Libraries are their customers.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #274
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
There were some bugs in the initial roll-out and, at least with BPL, some have been fixed and some are still there.

The rating system appears to be back for BPL -- we can sign in and rate, but no record is kept (which would be handy if one used it to keep track of books read).
BPL is not using the latest Overdrive software. A BPL branch is just up the street (roughly) from where I live.

bpl.org = Boston Public Library.
brooklynpubliclibrary.org = Brooklyn Public Library

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-16-2013 at 03:15 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #275
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now FLP is doing it too. Going to Available now instead of all books by default. Brooklyn isn't yet.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #276
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Maybe we should start complaining to the libraries instead of to them. Libraries are their customers.
I haven't complained to anyone other than Mike@OverDrive (here in the thread).

But it's not a bad idea

Brooklyn gets a lot of non-resident subscriptions. Maybe we should call and ask for a refund.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #277
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Actually it's just as fast. Click the new ebooks link. The page it takes you to has a left side filter menu. From there you choose your genre then kindle books. I love that feature.
Thanks, it's better than what I was doing; but unfortunately, it splits the browsing into two categories - ebooks and audiobooks. Before, it was all combined.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #278
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thanks, it's better than what I was doing; but unfortunately, it splits the browsing into two categories - ebooks and audiobooks. Before, it was all combined.
Never was combined before on READS or FLP unless you do a search. eBooks and audiobooks have always been separate.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #279
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
I haven't complained to anyone other than Mike@OverDrive (here in the thread).

But it's not a bad idea

Brooklyn gets a lot of non-resident subscriptions. Maybe we should call and ask for a refund.
I did complain to my local library, in the hope that if enough people complained they might pass it on to Overdrive.

Too bad they didn't do one of those site surveys that are always popping up on other sites I visit.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #280
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
READS is all messed up when I click New eBooks it takes me to available now ebooks instead of library collection (
I noticed that as well after browsing for quite a whileand thought "when did I click on that? Stupid of me!". Maybe I hadn't been so stupid after all...

Last edited by Asawi; 01-16-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #281
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Never was combined before on READS or FLP unless you do a search. eBooks and audiobooks have always been separate.
Before

1- Get Books --> pick library --> hit Browse --> lists pops up:
  • Browse all Kindle Book Titles
  • Browse all Adobe EPUB eBook Titles
  • Browse all Open EPUB eBook Titles
  • Browse all OverDrive MP3 Audiobook Titles
  • Browse Public Domain eBook Titles

After

1- Get Books --> pick library --> hit New eBooks --> list pops up:
  • Kindle Book
  • OverDrive READ
  • Adobe EPUB eBook
  • Open EPUB eBook

2- hit back button --> scroll down --> hit New Audiobooks --> list pops up:
  • OverDrive MP3 Audiobook

3- hit back button --> scroll down --> hit Additional eBooks Always Available --> list pops up:
  • Search public domain eBooks

Like I said, the before was much easier.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #282
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I dropped Dan from Teleread a line to ask if they can address this on their site.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #283
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Before

Like I said, the before was much easier.

Ah it's different at the libraries I use.

It's just

Hit Bookmark - New eBooks Link - Kindle Titles

Or it was till today. At two libraries it's now has an extra step of having to hit Library collection because it goes to Available Now instead.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #284
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
At this point I just wish they would fix the obvious bugs and stop monkeying with it.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #285
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
...and stop monkeying with it.