Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
ksmith100056
ksmith100056 is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
Question User not activated

I posted too soon on a different thread.

Using Abobe Digital, I dragged a book into my Nook.

Now, when I try to read it using my Nook I get the "User not activated" window.

How do I activate?
ksmith100056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
When you first opened Adobe Digital Editions and plugged in your NOOK, did it prompt you to authorize your device?

Try deleting the Digital Editions folder on the NOOK. Then open Adobe Digital Editions and plug up the device. It should prompt you to authorize it. You'll have to drag your books onto it again after the authorization.

Last edited by SCION; 01-21-2011 at 02:45 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #3
ksmith100056

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
When you first opened Adobe Digital Editions and plugged in your NOOK, did it prompt you to authorize your device?

Try deleting the Digital Editions folder on the NOOK. Then open Adobe Digital Editions and plug up the device. It should prompt you to authorize it. You'll have to drag your books onto it again after the authorization.

I have two different folders:

.adobe-digital-editions with one file called device and

Digital Editions with all kinds of files

Did you mean for me to delete the secord folder?

I'm an idiot, so thanks for trying to help me.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Start by deleting the Digital Editions folder. If it doesn't prompt you to authorize the device, then delete the other one as well.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
ksmith100056

It took deleting BOTH folders.

I can read my book now!

Old 01-21-2011, 04:15 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant

Yay!!! You're welcome.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:16 PM   #7
G J Lau
Zealot
G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wow. I had the same problem. I'll bet lots of others do too. Thanks for the question and the answer.
G J Lau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:16 PM   #8
ksmith100056

I'm not actually an idiot. I just play one on TV.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:32 PM   #9
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
The Adobe Digital Editions file is the one that has the registration information that is the one you need to delete. This usually becomes corrupted if you do not eject your Nook properly from your computer.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #10
Rick1971
cool a zombie!
Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Lenovo a2107a-f, Le PanII, Motorola Xoom FE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmith100056 View Post
I'm not actually an idiot. I just play one on TV.
oh yeah, well I play one full time in my every day life
so I am much better at it than you
and I don't even have a Nook...lol
Rick1971 is offline   Reply With Quote