Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #3196
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@KablamoBoom:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Now, eject your Kindle, and go to [HOME] -> [MENU] > Settings -> [MENU] > Update Your Kindle. It should be quick. (And, on FW 2.x only, it should FAIL (With a U006 error, in the bottom left corner of the screen). It's completely normal, intended, and harmless).
*whistles*
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #3197
KablamoBoom
KablamoBoom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.KablamoBoom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.KablamoBoom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.KablamoBoom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.KablamoBoom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.KablamoBoom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.KablamoBoom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.KablamoBoom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.KablamoBoom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.KablamoBoom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.KablamoBoom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
@KablamoBoom:

*whistles*
Mmyes... I clearly didn't read as in-depth as I'd thought. x3
Anywho, it's working now, hoorah! The next step was to update to 3.x firmware, but it looks like you can only do that if you own two Kindles. It's like GameBoy all over again. Nuuuuu...

Just goes to show I didn't do my research when I was looking for a large PDF and textbook viewer. Thanks again!
KablamoBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #3198
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And a round of monthly updates!

Python 0.8.N, Fonts 5.12.N, ScreenSavers 0.42.N, USBNet 0.53.N:
* Updated binaries
Old 10-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #3199
Hagan
Hagan knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hagan knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hagan knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hagan knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hagan knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hagan knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hagan knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hagan knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hagan knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hagan knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hagan knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: kindle 3
Hi.

I have been using the font hack with great pleasure for a long time now on my kindle 3 wifi with a palatino linotype font.
But now I found that the custom font is ignored for books in KF8 format. It is still used for books in the old mobi format. I made extensive tests with calibre and kindlegen conversions to verify this.
A have already tried the newest version of the font hack and also other fonts.

Is this a known problem?
Is there a way to make it work with newer books, too?
Hagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #3200
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Hagan:

Quote:
If you really want to be able to tweak the browser fonts, and don't care about the overhead involved, just remove the nobrowser file in the linkfonts folder, and Restart your Kindle, and wait. A lot. NOTE: Because regenerating the cache takes so much time, we won't try to handle the browser fonts by default, in order not to waste 5 minutes each font switch.

Important note about KF8 files: Please note that in order to use your custom fonts in KF8 files, you will *have* to enable this feature! You'll also want your font's metadata to be consistent: for example, all the Serif fonts should be of the same family, and their styling info should be accurate, or you'll risk having strange surprises, like books rendered in all bold .
Advert
Old 10-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #3201
Hagan
Hagan knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hagan knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hagan knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hagan knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hagan knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hagan knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hagan knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hagan knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hagan knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hagan knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Hagan knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: kindle 3
That was it.
I knew I must have overlooked something.
Thanks for your help.
Hagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #3202
Zlambe
Zlambe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Paperwhite?

What version should I use for kindle Paperwhite?
Zlambe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:06 AM   #3203
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Zlambe: Wrong thread .

Assuming this is a PW1, and not the new one:

JB: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198446
USBNet: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186645
ScreenSavers: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195474
Fonts: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=219405
Old 11-24-2013, 02:00 AM   #3204
readandforget
readandforget began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw
Hi
I have Paperwhite 1.I applayed everything on it from mobilread without any problem JB,KUAL and the others.My problem began with this post expecially after this paragraph;

"" You'll have to restart your Kindle in order to properly take your new fonts into account.
By default, the autoreboot feature is enabled. If you wish to make use of it, don't forget to drop a blank file named reboot in the linkfonts folder (right alongside the "autoreboot" file, by copying and renaming it, for example). When that file is present, your Kindle should automatically do a quick reboot 10s after you've unplugged it.""
I renamed the file as ""reboot" and my lovely kindle begin to rebooting nothing else and it ends with a familiar warning "your kindle needs repair"
PC not recognize it.I dont know how to I bring it to download mode and delete the file or any other solution?
Thanks for your efforts
readandforget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:33 AM   #3205
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@readandforget: You're in the wrong thread, and thus followed the wrong instructions for a PaperWhite.

The PW thread explicitly mentions doing the initial configuration with a shell on hand, and *never* rebooting before checking that everything is working.

Depending on what you have installed (USBNet/Rescue Pack), you have different ways of getting your Kindle back on track. See the first page of the PW thread for the nearly-last-resort fallback, and this one for the really last-resort, since that's a factory reset.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #3206
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Perhaps a REALLY LARGE sign this time.

LIke HUGE NOT FOR PAPERWHITES!!!!!

twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #3207
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Perhaps a REALLY LARGE sign this time.

LIke HUGE NOT FOR PAPERWHITES!!!!!

Well, at least the poster picked a reasonable nickname.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:01 AM   #3208
gulina
gulina began at the beginning.

Device: none
do you just change the font files in the new directory and restart?
gulina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #3209
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
The screensaver hack isn't working. I am trying to use the cover mode, but keep getting the message about not having successfully processed a book cover. What do I do? I have followed the steps exactly.
Waylander
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #3210
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Waylander: Open a book? Also, what kind of books are those? (format & metadata).

Did you install Python first?

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet