Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-02-2009, 02:37 AM   #1
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Books Not Appearing in Proper Order in Collection

I have some of the books in a series. In particular I have book numbers 1, 2, 3, 7, 9, 10, 15 and 24.

I labelled them all with the series name and numbered them as 1.00, 2.00, 3.00, 7.00, 9.00, 10.00, 15.00 and 24.00.

However, book #7 always sorts in the collection between book #15 and #24 on my reader. In Calibre the sort is correct. I've deleted and re-added the book to my reader several times with no change.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:42 AM   #2
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
When you edit the meta data does the series show up more than once in the pull-down menu? I'm thinking maybe you actually have 2 series with slightly different spellings or something. Just a thought.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
I have some of the books in a series. In particular I have book numbers 1, 2, 3, 7, 9, 10, 15 and 24.

I labelled them all with the series name and numbered them as 1.00, 2.00, 3.00, 7.00, 9.00, 10.00, 15.00 and 24.00.

However, book #7 always sorts in the collection between book #15 and #24 on my reader. In Calibre the sort is correct. I've deleted and re-added the book to my reader several times with no change.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Marcy

Double check your meta data on all books. I've found minor changes when I've had this happen.......ie, "Heinlein, Robert A. vs Heinlein Robert". Are all your "series" numbers the same? Has every book been successfully converted? Is both author and author sort last name first?

All these have prevented mine from sorted correctly at one point or another.,
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Double check your meta data on all books. I've found minor changes when I've had this happen.......ie, "Heinlein, Robert A. vs Heinlein Robert". Are all your "series" numbers the same? Has every book been successfully converted? Is both author and author sort last name first?

All these have prevented mine from sorted correctly at one point or another.,
Thanks! While I am anal-retentive and everything *was* the same to the naked eye there must have been some difference. I re-edited the metadata in bulk instead of individually and now my sort is correct.

I still don't know what was different, but it's fixed.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Thanks! While I am anal-retentive and everything *was* the same to the naked eye there must have been some difference. I re-edited the metadata in bulk instead of individually and now my sort is correct.

I still don't know what was different, but it's fixed.

-Marcy
And life is good again......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert